The VooPoo VINCI and SMOK RPM40 are just about two of the best pod vape systems you can buy right now. But which is best? Let’s investigate…
VooPoo VINCI vs SMOK RPM40 – Quick Comparison
|VooPoo VINCI||SMOK RPM40|
|Dimensions: 104 * 25.3 * 25.3mm||Dimensions: 25 * 25 * 99mm|
|Coil Options: ||Coil Options: |
|Battery: 1500mAh||Battery: 1500mAh|
|Performance: ★★★★★||Performance: ★★★★★|
|Design: ★★★★★||Design: ★★★★|
|Juice Capacity: 5.5mL||Juice Capacity: 5mL|
|Max. Wattage: 5-40W||Max. Wattage: 1W-40W|
|Price: $30.95 (FREE SHIPPING)||Price: $26.95 (FREE SHIPPING)|
- VooPoo VINCI – The VooPoo VINCI is a very good-looking pod vape. It’s small, light-weight, and compact. It sits beautifully in the palm of your hand and is available in a range of colors. Setting up the device is a cinch; just fill the pod, attach it, click the device on, and you’re away. The buttons are nice and clicky and the entire overall finish of the device is superb, just as you’d expect from VooPoo
- SMOK RPM40 – The SMOK RPM40 is very similar to the VINCI; it’s a pod mod-style vape, meaning it’s closer to a traditional vape mod than normal pod vapes like the UWELL Caliburn. Like the VINCI, it is an impressively designed piece of vape hardware that is perfectly sized for all-day usage. It’s simple to set-up and well machined, though I do think the ever-so-slightly cheaper VooPoo VINCI looks and feels better. It’s just more premium, in my opinion.
Specs & Features
- VooPoo VINCI – The VooPoo VINCI is rated from 5W to 40W, meaning you can push plenty of power through this little pod vape. It comes with two coil heads, a 0.3ohm mesh coil, and a 0.8ohm dual coil. Both are great and can handle everything from Nic Salts to standard high VG vape juice. The real star of the show, however, is VooPoo’s GENE chip which ensures near-perfect vaping across the board. Power is plentiful and you’re 100% covered when it comes to safety features.
- SMOK RPM40 – Both the VINCI and the RPM40 are more like box mods than traditional pod vapes, and the reason for this is simple: you have more power and more control – variable wattage and voltage. This allows for more customization when vaping. The SMOK RPM40 is no exception; it allows for precise control over power and voltage, meaning you can alter how it performs with the click of a button. Performance is exemplary across the board, thanks to SMOK’s chipset which ensures solid power delivery in all modes and settings. Like the VINCI, it tops out at 40W.
- VooPoo VINCI – The VooPoo VINCI is a power-house. It can output up to 40W and it has the GENE chip inside it, ensuring everything functions optimally. I got my VINCI a month ago, and since then I’ve been using it every day. For me, the VooPoo VINCI is one of the best performing vape products on the market right now – for flavor, for coil performance, for design. It basically does it all.
- SMOK RPM40 – The SMOK RPM40 is no slouch, either. Like the VINCI, it can hold its own when it comes to performance. You have 40W and, when the coils are playing ball, the flavor is brilliant. You can also run SMOK Nord coils in it as well, opening up the potential for MTL vaping on the RPM40; the VINCI doesn’t have any MTL coils as yet. And for me, this is a big bonus in SMOK’s favor.
- VooPoo VINCI – The Vinci uses a 1500mAh battery and, with moderate usage, it’ll see you through a full day’s worth of vaping. If you run it at lower wattages, you can get a solid couple of days on a single charge. As pod mods go, 1500mAh is about as good as it gets, so whatever you’re doing, the battery performance here is going to blow you away, especially if you’re used to smaller pod vapes with sub-500mAh batteries.
- SMOK RPM40 – Like the VINCI, the SMOK RPM40 runs a 1500mAh internal battery. And like the VINCI, it is mind-blowingly good. You’re looking at all-day vaping from a single charge which, in the pod vape space, is rarer than hen’s teeth. If you’re after a pod mod with excellent battery life, the VINCI and RPM40 are just about as good as it gets right now.
Coil Heads, Flavor & Options
- VooPoo VINCI – If you’re looking for a portable vape device to vape High VG, traditional E Juice through, the VooPoo VINCI is a fantastic option. The coil heads are brilliant, kicking out plenty of flavor and clouds. They last for ages as well; around 10-14 days on average in my experience. There’s no MTL coil head, which is a bummer, but when the flavor is as good as it is on VooPoo’s two coil head options, I can honestly say I don’t mind…
- SMOK RPM40 – The SMOK RPM40 is slightly more versatile in this context because you can run Nord coils in it – and that brings MTL vaping into play. With the Nord coils, you can run Nic Salts Juice, whereas on the VINCI, you’ll want to keep things focussed on normal, higher VG E Juice. I do prefer the VINCI’s coils for flavor and overall performance, they’re just better quality, but I do like the fact that you can run Nord coils in the RPM40.
Other Pod Vapes To Consider…
Things move quickly in the vape market, even with the PMTA looming. For this reason, the goalposts are always moving. One day, the UWELL Caliburn is the best overall device. A month later, everybody is raving about something else…
We test around 60-80 pod vapes a month. Most don’t make it onto our Best Pod Vape Guide. But a select few do. The most recent additions, which you can see below in the product boxes, are the latest and best releases in the pod vape space.
As of right now, the pod vape I am using as my daily driver is the FreeMax AutoPod. Like FreeMax’s vape tanks, the AutoPod is ALL about flavor. It delivers masses of flavor and it has awesome battery life too – this is why it is my current daily driver.
I also really like the MaxPod too, and the VooPoo Drag X. If you’re in the market for a new pod vape, I would definitely recommend you take a good, hard look at the options listed above – they’re the latest products and, in my experience, deliver the best overall vaping experiences as of right now.
Which Is Best? The VooPoo VINCI or The SMOK RPM40?
This is a tricky one to call. Both the SMOK RPM40 and VooPoo VINCI are excellent devices, truly unique among their peers. Both look and perform brilliantly and are simple to use and setup. I love the flavor I get from both, but I do think the VINCI has better overall coils, despite not supporting MTL vaping. For this reason, I’d be inclined to go with the VINCI even though you’re limited to using standard, higher VG vape juice.
The SMOK RPM40 is a great device too; it’s more versatile, thanks to its support for Nord coils, and this means you can run both Nic Salts and High VG juice through it which will be appealing to a lot of you guys. The RPM40 also looks great too and is available in a range of colors. For me, though, I just can’t get enough of the VINCI – it’s like a miniature box mod and mesh coil tank in one. And the coils last for weeks at a time. For me, it’s ALL about the VINCI…
Prices For Both Vape Devices
VooPoo Vinci | $30.95 (FREE SHIPPING)
SMOK RPM40 | $26.95 (FREE SHIPPING)