If you’re after a list of the best mods in one place, you’re in the right place!
During the past 12 months, we have tested A LOT of vape mods.
And the best of the best end up here…
|PICTURES||Name||Best Place To Buy||Rating||Why You'd Buy This Mod||Price|
The Top Box Mod Kits (That Come With Vape Tanks)
If you want a vape mod that comes with a vape tank (and a good vape tank too), you should 100% check out the following vape kits.
All come with great battery life, as well as fast-charge in the cases with mods that run internal batteries, and seriously impressive mesh coil vape tanks.
These mods are our top picks for right now (for vape mod kits):
1) VooPoo Drag Mini
The Drag Mini runs on an internal battery, so you don’t need to worry about running/charging external 18650 cells.
It also has fast-charge too, so it charges from dead to full in less than 30 mins.
On top of this, you have MASSIVE power and a stunning design.
A truly exceptional vape mod.
2) GeekVape NOVA Kit
An Old-School vape mod kit through and through!
Solid, robust design combined with masses of power and a great tank in the form of the GeekVape Cerberus Mesh Coil Tank.
I adore this beautiful kit, and I think most of you guys will too!
3) Innokin PROTON Kit
The PROTON kit is one of the best-looking, most versatile vape mods on the planet.
It’s a brilliant option for all styles of vaping from power mode to temperature control to bypass.
A true classic in the making, this one!
4) Vaporesso POLAR
Great design meets exceptional technology.
The POLAR kit is one of the best looking mods we have ever tested.
Its UX is brilliant and its OMNI Board 4.0 chipset is one of the most advanced on the market right now.
5) VooPoo DRAG 2
Basically a larger version of the DRAG Mini, but only just – the difference is tiny!
This mod runs dual-18650 batteries however and has a higher max power output (177W versus 117W).
Both are excellent options though.
Best Vape Mods 150W to 200W
If performance’s your thang, you’re in the right place.
The following box mod vape mods are the biggest-hitting, highest performing vape mods we’ve tested during 2018.
They all possess impressive cloud production capabilities and excellent battery life.
Whether you’re talking about TC accuracy, power output, or all-around usability, these are the best vape mods for ALL OUT performance, according to our expert team of reviewers.
The VooPoo DRAG is perhaps one of my favorite vape mods of ALL TIME. The design, the power, the GENE chip inside it.
Everything is damn-near perfect.
I’ve had mine for over 12 months and it still works as good today as it did when I first unboxed it.
For me, this mod is the benchmark by which ALL other vape mods are measured by.
When I test new mods, I always ask myself: is this mod better than the VooPoo Drag?
And nine times out of ten, you have a good vape mod, but they aren’t as good as the DRAG.
This thing is flawless. And is an ideal option for power users and new vapers that are after the best vaping experience around!
Utterly brilliant stuff – and for $59.99, it is extraordinarily well priced too.
Why You’d Get This Mod?
- Truly Amazing Vape Chip Inside It
- Immensely Powerful; Near-Instant Hit
- Solid, Robust Design
- Excellent Build Materials
- Ideal For ALL Styles of Vaping
- Excellent Value For Money
(Want 10% OFF? Get It Via VaporDNA | Code: DNA10 | $59.99)
Simple: you want the best of everything – design, performance, build materials, durability, temperature control accuracy, vaping modes.
The YiHi chip that powers this mod is phenomenal.
Nothing else, save for EVOLV’s DNA platform, comes even remotely close to what this thing can do in power and temperature control modes.
The SXMini G Class is available in a range of color and style options, so providing you can stomach the price (it is HELLA expensive), you will almost certainly find the perfect style for you.
This mod, like a high-end German car, is all about performance. This is why it costs so much.
It is not just a good vape mod – it is an exceptional vaping device.
But as I said: if you can handle the price, you’re getting one of the most technical vape mods ever created.
Why This Mod?
- It Has Stunning Design
- Premium-Grade Build Materials
- Market-Leading Accuracy & Temperature Control Suite
- Hugely Powerful
- Extremely Customisable
(Want FREE Shipping? Get It Via DirectVapor | $197.95)
#3) Innokin Proton
The Innokin PROTON is one of those vape mods that looks fairly unassuming until you unbox it and start using it. Once you do this, everything changes – and in a very good way too.
The styling, the ultra-portable size, the joystick for navigating its menus, the solid, reliable performance in all vaping modes all combine to make for one hell of an experience.
This mod, like the other two in this section, does not have any wonky aspects.
It is flawless whether you’re vaping in temperature control mode or power mode. It handles both with accuracy and aplomb.
Chuck in an awesome mesh tank in the form of the FLEX tank, and you have one of the best vaping mods on the planet right now.
If you’re on a budget and can’t stretch to $100+ for a vape kit, the Innokin PROTON is one of the best options around right now.
Why This Mod?
- For The Price, It Is Almost Impossible To Beat
- It Comes With A KILLER Mesh Coil Tank
- It Looks Amazing
- Super-Simple To Use (But With Plenty of Features)
- Lots of Power + Super-Consistent Performance
- Great Value For Money
(If You Want FREE Shipping Get It Via DirectVapor | $76.95)
Cheap Box Mods – The #1 Vape Mods Under $50
On a budget? Well, the good news is you don’t have to scrimp on quality when it comes to getting yourself an awesome vape mod.
The box mods and vape mods listed below all deliver exceptional value for money, as well as masses of functionality and power.
If you’re on a budget and are looking for a cheap vape mod that still delivers tons of performance, these are the only box mods you need to be looking at right now.
If you’re after value for money, it doesn’t really get much better than the Vapor Storm Puma 200W TC.
Why’d You Get This Vape?
- You Like Loud Design + Cheap Price Tags
- You Need Lots of Power
- You Want Both TC and Power Vaping Modes
- You Don’t Want To Spend More Than $50
Why’s that? Well, for less than $40 you’re getting a super-eye-catching vape mod that packs in a TON of power and performance.
Tack excellent performance in both power and temperature control vaping, as well as study design and plenty of color options and it is easy to see why this is one of the most popular budget vape mods around.
(Want Extra 10% OFF? Get It Via VaporDNA | $39.99 – Use Code: DNA10)
The Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 mod is perhaps one of my all-time favorite vape mods. It looks stunning, especially in green, and because it rocks three 18650 batteries, you’re looking at 2-3 days between charges.
Why You’d Get This Mod?
- You Want Best In Class Battery Life
- You Like Sturdy, Robust Design
- You Want Three Batteries In A Portable Mod
- It Comes With A Great Sub Ohm Tank
For me, this is the #1 vape mod for those that want best-in-class battery life.
You will have to buy three batteries (or six, if you want to run it round the clock) but this is a small price to pay for 2-3 day’s worth of battery life.
(Want Extra 10% OFF? Get It Via VaporDNA | $46.99 – Use Code: DNA10)
For the price, and considering just how well it performs in temperature control mode, the SMOANT Battlestar 200W TC is easily one of the best contenders for best-value vape mod right now.
Why You’d Get This Mod?
- You Want Brilliant Temp. Control Vaping
- You Want Lots of Power
- You Want A Great Vape Chip
- You Like Svelte, Portable Vape Mods
The design is lovely; it’s proper thin and svelte. It runs great and has plenty of latent power under its hood.
This makes it ideal for use with vape tanks and rebuildable tanks. Either way, high or low, the SMOANT Battlestar 200W TC is a solid, reliable performer that really impressed us.
(Want Extra 10% OFF? Get It Via VaporDNA | $48.99 – Use Code: DNA10)
The Latest Top-Rated Mods?
What are the best, new vape mods you can buy right now? Every month the VapeBeat team tests out a TON of new box mods and vape mods.
The best of which – both new and old – are added to this list of 2018’s top mods.
Our current favorite new vape mods for 2018 are listed below in no particular order.
If you’re after a new mod the units listed below are definitely worth a look.
We had a blast testing these vape mods. They’re all beautifully designed, solid performers with masses of power and, in all instances, great, mesh coil sub ohm tanks.
What I Am Personally Using Right Now (December, 2018)
The Wotofo FLUX Kit (Inc. Wotofo Flow Pro Tank)
Best Price: VaporDNA | $69.99 (Down From $96)
Right now I’m using and abusing the awesome Wotofo FLUX kit, which is a vape mod and tank combo designed by the always-awesome Rig Mod.
You can check out my full review of the Wotofo FLUX kit for a detailed breakdown of what makes this kit cook.
If not here’s a shorter version: it is totally badass – from how it looks to how it performs.
For me, it’s the ideal mod. It looks great, performs great, and it is super-simple to use.
There’s no temperature control vaping or fancy vaping modes, just a simple power/wattage mode, and a great 1.3in OLED display.
The styling is EPIC and it is available in a range of colors.
The Wotofo Flow Pro tank that it comes with (a mesh coil setup) is also totally brilliant.
My first coil lasted two weeks (and counting) and the flavor is precise and intense.
It might be late in the game for 2018, but the Wotofo FLUX kit is definitely one of the best setups around right now, especially if you like simple, good-looking vape mods with tons of power and style.
What Is A Vape Mod?
If your brand new to the world of vaping, first off, welcome, great to have you aboard! Second, you might be wondering just what, exactly a vape mod is?
If you are, don’t worry: a vape mod is simply the device that powers your tank and/or atomizer.
Vape mods run on batteries, removable (18650s) or non-removable, and come packed with an array of settings that are designed to make vaping super easy and super-engaging.
The Anatomy of Mod
The basics of how a vape mod works are very simple: you have power (which comes from the batteries), a chipset that regulates said power, and controls for adjusting the power (usually in wattages).
Most box mods feature other settings too, though – things like:
- Bypass Mode – This turns the mod into a mech mod by sending the full power of the battery direct to the atomizer. You get big hits, but it’s not advisable for newbie vapers, as it can put too much strain on the batteries
- TC Vaping – Temperature Control vaping is great, it basically means you set a maximum temperature for your coils, and the mod does not take it above that. TC vaping is great for battery life and ensuring you don’t get dry hits or burn out your coils too quickly.
- Curve Mode – Curve Mode is where you can pre-set the power curve, so, for instance, you could start off low, jump to a higher setting, and then taper off towards the end of the period.
For 99.9% of vapers, you’ll be more than happy vaping in power mode, just using wattages as your measure of how much power your mod is delivering.
I tend to use wattage mode more or less exclusively, and I’ve been vaping for YEARS. It’s simple, easy to live with, and you can really customize the vapor this way too.
The Different Types of Vaping Devices
When it comes to vape mods you have a lot of options, but the main type is as follows:
Traditional Box Mods – these types of mods are the focus of this article; they pack in lots of safety features, displays, and can do things like temp control vaping, and usually run some kind of microprocessor to regulate everything
- Squonk Mods – A squonk mod is a style of mod that has an internal E Juice bottle secreted away inside it. These types of mods are ideal for RDA users, as it completely removes the need to drip E Juice – you just squeeze the bottle instead and E Juice is sent from the mod to the atomizer. Squonk mods can be mechs or they can be regulated too.
- Mech Mods – Mech mods are pretty serious, as there are no safety measures inside them: it’s just you, your atomizer, and a battery. For this reason, you need to know about Ohm’s Law and a bunch of other things to operate them safely. These types of mods are NOT for beginners.
- Tube Mods – A Tube mod is a smaller, more portable version of a box mod. They don’t have displays, usually, and instead fire out at a maximum output that gradually degrades as the battery power wanes. The OBS Draco is one such device, and it is very, very good indeed.
- Pod Mods – A pod mod is an all-in-one device; the JUUL is a pod mod, and so too is the Mi-Pod. With a pod vape, you have two styles of system: 1) Open, where you can refill the pods with E Juice, and 2) closed, where you have to buy pre-filled pods from the device’s manufacturer.
You can check out our A-Lists for every conceivable style of mod/vape kit below:
What Are The Best TC Mods?
Temp control vaping is an important element of any mod, but sadly a lot of cheaper vape mods cannot hold a candle to more expensive devices.
And the reason for this is simple: technology.
EVOLV’s DNA chip, and also the YiHi chip, are market leaders when it comes to temp control vaping.
- Check Out 2018’s Best DNA 250 Mods Right Here!
For this reason, if you want a solid, reliable and accurate temp control vape mod, you’re going to have to pay a premium.
Right now, I like the Lost Vape Triade DNA 250 and the SX Mini SL Class 100W SX485J TC Vape MOD for my temp control sessions.
Neither are cheap, but both are excellent TC mods.
Benefits of TC Vaping
- Stops Dry Hits – Because the atomizer will never over-fire, it will never burn the coil. This means no more dry hits, as the coil is always set to a maximum output that does not exceed its performance cure. This is the #1 reason most vapers use TC mode when vaping.
- Safer – With TC vaping, you never put too much strain on the battery, as the maximum output is set and this stops any additional strain being put on the cells. This means it is safer when it comes to vaping with removable batteries like 18650s and 20700 cells.
- Better For Battery life – The big thing here is efficiencies; running you vape tank in TC is great for efficiency. It keeps power regulated and ensures you don’t overpower your battery life. In this respect, your tank simply sips power and still gives you plenty of clouds and flavor, just without killing your battery life.
- Improves Coil Life Span – Burning out your vape coils SUCKS and the #1 culprit for this is too much power. When you TC vape, you’re operating within a set power curve, you never exceed it, and this helps to extend the life of your coils, as they’re never taxed needlessly.
SX Mini SL Class 100W SX485J TC Vape MOD
SX Mini mods are market-leaders when it comes to design, luxury, and performance.
Tom Hardy favors these mods, and when you test out its features, you will know why the cost a little extra.
Specs wise, you have a max of 100W to play with. But inside its TC suite is where things really come alive; you have some of the most accurate performance around.
SX Mini SL Class 100W Specifications
- YiHi SX485J Chip Set
- Firmware Upgrades via Micro-USB Port
- Firing Modes: Bypass (Mechanical), Powerful+, Powerful, Standard, Soft, Eco, SX-Q-S1-S5 & Novice Mode
- 5 to 85 Watt Range
- Capable of 100 Watts with use of 35A Battery
- Requires 1 x 18650, 20700 or 21700 Battery (SOLD SEPARATE)
- 0.05 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
- TFT Color Display
- Bypass Mode
- Novice Mode
- Advanced Mode
- SXi-Q Intelligent Taste Curve
- Temperature Control
And this means exceptional, reliable performance that will prolong your coil’s lifespan, improve flavor, and conserve your battery life.
The SX Mini SL Class 100W SX485J TC Vape MOD is also a beast when it comes to wattage mode and other settings as well, making it a master of all trades.
And while it does cost $139.95, the features it contains do have massive effects on your tank’s performance, as well as flavor and the life of your batteries.
Definitely not one for a novice, but if you’ve been vaping a while and are looking for the next step up, this could well be the mod you’ve been searching for.