JUUL is worth $16 BILLION, making it the biggest vape brand on the planet. But how much does JUUL cost and how much are its JUULpods? Read on for our detailed JUUL FAQs…
Everybody knows JUUL, even people that don’t vape. And the reason for this is that the company has officially become the FDA’s whipping boy. For better or worse, JUUL is now extremely visible and highly scrutinized. It is also extremely popular with new vapers because the device itself is so simple to use.
How Much Is A JUUL?
How much does JUUL cost? A starter kit retails for $34.99 and this includes a charging dock, four JUUL pods, and the JUUL device itself. And when it comes to a pack of JUUL pods, you’re looking at $15.99 for a pack of four which is very expensive given how long they last.
That’s pretty pricey, however, although a great alternative – that has better battery life and is cheaper – would be UWELL Caliburn G. Not only is it cheaper to buy but it’s 100% refillable which means it costs about 70% less money to run.
JUUL also does a “device kit” which just gets you the JUUL vape itself, but it doesn’t come with any JUUL pods.
The JUUL starter kit overs the best value for money, as you get everything you need to start using the device immediately.
I’ve been vaping since about 2013. Since then, I’ve seen a lot of vape brands and companies come and go. A lot has happened in the last half-a-decade or so and JUUL is one of the biggest brands to emerge from the vape market. But JUUL’s business model is predicated on a few things I really don’t like: first, you HAVE to use JUUL pods; second, the JUUL device itself is terrible. And third, the cost of running JUUL, for most people, is just too much.
When you’re thinking about getting a vape, you have to factor in cost – how much are you willing to spend per month? With the JUUL cost you’re looking at $60 or more a month on JUUL pods alone. And that is expensive, even more so when you can pick up 6x as much vape juice for $19.99 and then use that juice in a refillable pod vape like the UWELL Caliburn G.
My advice, however, would be to completely avoid JUUL and go with one of the following options instead:
- Best Disposable Vapes – If you want a small, portable vape device that is similar to JUUL, the closest thing you can get right now is a disposable vape. You’ll want one that has high nicotine strength, as this will deliver more bang for your buck. We recommend this disposable vape because it has 50MG nicotine, a great battery life, and is cheaper than the majority of the competition.
- A Killer MTL Vape Tank – If you want to start vaping properly and experience all the benefits of using a proper vape tank, but still get that cigarette-like hit, your best bet is an MTL vape tank – I use the Kayfun Lite (and have done for 12 months straight). Don’t be put off by rebuildable MTL tanks either, they’re actually pretty simple to set up and they produce the best flavor on the market.
- 2021’s Best Pod Vapes – If you’d prefer a vape device that is similar to JUUL, just with better battery life and the ability to refill it with your own, cheaper vape juice, then a pod vape is just what you’ve been looking for. A good pod vape, like the UWELL Caliburn G, will run seamlessly for years on end and requires ZERO maintenance; all you have to do is replace the pods once every few weeks. And fill them up with vape juice, obviously.
- The UWELL Caliburn G – If you want my pick for 2021’s #1 pod vape, it has to be the UWELL Caliburn G. Picking up where the classics UWELL Caliburn left off, the Caliburn G has a larger battery, improved coils for better flavor, and longevity, and a new and improved design that makes it look even smarter. The UWELL Caliburn G is the ONLY pod vape I use at the moment. And the reason for this is simple: it is a brilliant MTL pod device with amazing performance.
How To Setup JUUL
If you’re using the device for the first time, and are unsure how to proceed, please check out our How To Setup JUUL For The First Time feature – you’ll find everything you need there.
How Much Do JUUL Pods Cost?
JUUL pods retail for $15.99 per pack, and you get four pods inside each pack.
There are currently eight flavors to choose from in the US:
- Virginia Tobacco flavor
- Cool Mint flavor
- Fruit Medley flavor
- Creme Brûlée flavor
- Mango flavor
- Cool Cucumber flavor
- Classic Menthol flavor
- Classic Tobacco flavor
If you’re going to be using JUUL long-term, it is definitely worth using third-party JUUL pods, as they’re cheaper and come in more flavors. Right now, the following brands – listed in the table below – are my go-to favorites for flavor and value for money:
|PICTURE||BRAND||BEST PRICE||Why You'd Buy||RATING|
(Best For Strength & Flavor)
(Best For Value For Money)
(Cheaper & Bigger Than JUUL's)
How Long Do JUUL Pods Last?
JUUL says that its JUUL Pods will officially last (about) as long as a 20 pack of cigarettes.
This means about 200 puffs, or thereabouts.
Obviously, the more you use JUUL, the quicker you will get through a pod. Less is more here, really.
What Are The Best JUUL Alternatives?
JUUL isn’t the only game in town when it comes to pod mod vapes. In fact, there are plenty of alternatives that are vastly superior to JUUL. How? Simple: all of the pod vapes listed below have better battery life, are 100% refillable, and cost less to run.
- Freemax Autopod50 Pod Mod
- Smok RPM160 Pod Mod
- VooPoo Drag X Pod Mod
Fully compatible with Freemax’s AX2 coils, the Freemax Autopod50 is yet another gem from the company that basically invented mesh coils. This pod is perfectly sized, made from zinc-alloy, so it looks and feels great, and it delivers incredible flavor with all-day-long battery life. It’s slightly pricey, but that’s what happens when you have market-leading flavor production…
Like the SMOK Alike, the Smok RPM160 Pod Mod is again another hybrid pod vape device, pulling aspects of pod vapes and vape mods into one seamless device. You have 120W of power under the hood, a gorgeously designed chassis, and SMOK’s brand new IQ-160 chipset which brings an array of vaping modes into play. If you want a fancy pod mod that behaves and performs like an actual vape mod, the Smok RPM160 Pod Mod is 100% worth a look.
The original VooPoo Drag vape mod was something of a game-changer. Keen to reinvent the wheel again, VooPoo has returned with the VooPoo Drag X pod vape – and this thing is brilliant. It will run both Nic Salts and High VG vape juice, it has a HUGE battery life, and the coils last for weeks at a time. As pod vapes go, the Drag X is damn-near perfect.
Can I Refill JUUL Pods?
No, JUUL Pods are not “officially” refillable. I say, officially, because there are plenty of videos on YouTube that show you how to unofficially refill a JUUL Pod.
Do JUUL Offer A Warranty?
Yes, it does! You get a one year warranty on your JUUL from the moment you purchase it.
This means if anything goes wrong with it during the year you own it, providing you’re within warranty, JUUL will replace it. Handy.
Can I Take JUUL On An Airplane?
Yes, JUUL is safe for travel. However, you should not use it while you’re flying – most airlines prohibit the use of vaporizers on their planes.
In addition to this, altitude can affect JUUL Pods. They might leak due to extreme pressure changes, so it’s always advisable to keep them in a baggy whenever you fly.
No one wants JUUL juice all over their holiday clothes, after all.
How Long Does The JUUL Battery Life Last?
Again, about as long as it takes to get through a JUUL pod – so around 200 puffs or so.
If you’re going to be using the JUUL a lot, it’s worth investing in a spare JUUL battery – they’re relatively inexpensive and very useful.
You can also get portable JUUL chargers too; these work much like power banks for your phone:
You have a couple of JUUL batteries charging at all times, so you always have a fresh one when the one you’re using dies. And once you’ve swapped, you can start recharging the dead one again.
The Jili Box ($34.99/Vapor4Life) is considered to be one of the best portable JUUL chargers.
Having one of these in your arsenal ensures you have zero downtime when vaping. And no nicotine withdrawal 🙂
Anything Else I Should Know?
Not really, that’s about everything I can think of off the top of my head!
JUUL is simple; that’s how it was designed.
There is ZERO learning curve with this type of vape, which is why it’s so popular in the US with those looking to quit smoking.
Got any questions? Drop me a line anytime, always here to help!