Cannabis is now legal in many states in the US, as well as other places around the world, and this has led to a huge spike in demand for vaporizers. But what are the best vaporizer brands to look out for in 2020? Let’s investigate…
As someone that uses (and abuses) vaporizers on a regular basis, as well as tests multiple units every month, I have a pretty good idea about what makes for a good vaporizer. You want solid design, a decent oven, fast heating, and brilliant flavor – these are the essential elements.
You do have to pay a premium, however, to unlock all of these attributes. But the good thing about nearly all of the vaporizer brands listed below is that they offer extended warranties on their products – in some cases up to 10 years. And when you’re dropping $150-$500 on a product, this is the kind of coverage you want.
The #1 Best Vaporizer Brands In 2020 – My #1 Picks For Quality
|BRAND||DEVICES||RATING||WHERE TO BUY?||Prices|
|Storz & Bickel||Desktop |
|Puff Co.||Desktop |
For more information on each of the brands listed in the table, read on. After the next section, I’ll name a few of my favorite vaporizers – desktop and portable – that I think are worth checking out…
- Storz & Bickel – These guys make portable and desktop-style vaporizers. Its products very are expensive, but they deliver unparalleled performance. The Volcano Hybrid desktop vaporizer is considered by many to be the ultimate in vaporization technology.
- DaVinci – Davinci makes a range of portable vaporizers. The most notable of which is its new
Davinci IQ 2, a revolutionary new portable weed vape that features an adjustable airflow on its bottom and some of the best performance in its class.
- PAX – Like Davinci, PAX makes a range of high-tech, portable vaporizers. Its latest product, the PAX 3, is a Bluetooth-controlled dry-herb vaporizer that will also run concentrates. It has the fastest heat-up time on the market and delivers some of the smoothest and tastiest vapor on the market.
- Arizer – Arizer is kind of like a bargain-basement version of Volcano. In a good way. You see it too makes a range of vaporizers, portable and desktop ones, but unlike Storz & Bickel, its products are priced very aggressively (meaning they’re about $300 cheaper than Storz & Bickel’s).
- Puff Co. – I only came across Puff Co. recently but its products are utterly brilliant, easily some of the most innovative in the space right now. Puff Co’s Peak Vaporizer is essentially an electric bong and it looks and works just as cool as it sounds. Prices are BIG here too, but you’re getting A LOT of performance for your money.
- Boundless – Boundless makes and crafts a range of portable vaporizers that are designed and built to exacting standards. Fitting in somewhere between PAX and Davinci, Boundless is a solid alternative for those looking to spend less than $200 on a vaporizer.
What I’m Using Right Now…
#1 – My “Go-To” Portable Vaporizer
I’ve tested a TON of vaporizers inside the last 12 months. Throughout 2019, my go-to portable vaporizer was the PAX 3 – it served me well, delivering excellent performance and great-tasting vapor. In 2020, however, the PAX 3 was replaced by the
The IQ 2 features a replaceable 18650 battery, for one, so you can hot-swap batteries mid-session and never have to worry about recharging the device, as you do with the PAX which runs a non-removable internal battery. You also DO NOT need a phone to run the Davinci IQ 2, though you can utilize its phone app if you wish (I don’t tend to bother with it though).
And finally, the
#2 – My Preferred Desktop Vaporizer
I’m fortunate enough to have two desktop vaporizers; the Storz & Bickel Volcano Hybrid and the Arizer Extreme Q. The Volcano is a freakin’ monster with respect to performance, power, and vapor quality. But it is VERY expensive. If you can handle the price, the Volcano Hybrid (or even the standard Volcano which is a lot cheaper) is the one to go for – it’s been the #1 leading desktop vaporizer for almost 20 years now.
If you cannot afford or don’t want to pay that much for a desktop vaporizer, my second device – the Arizer Extreme Q – is just what the doctor ordered. This desktop vaporizer is utterly brilliant and, given its ultra-low price, it is easily one of the best options on the market right now. I bought mine on a whim a year ago and I have been super-impressed by not only how well it has held up but also by how well it performs in general.
2021’s Top-Rated Vape Gear🤘
- The Coolest New Vape Mods
- The Best Pod & AIO Vapes
- The Best Sub-Ohm Tanks
- The Top Weed Vaporizers Right Now
The Arizer Extreme Q is around $600 cheaper than the Volcano Hybrid. That’s a HUGE amount of money and, in my experience, while the Volcano is definitely better with respect to performance, it probably isn’t “$600 better”, so if you’re on a budget and you want a solid desktop vaporizer that can hold its own against the majority of the competition, the Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer is the one to go for. It won’t break the bank, it comes with a remote control, and it does both whip and ballon-style vaporization.
What more could you want?