What’s the difference between open pod vapes and closed pod vape systems? In this guide, we’ll unpack all the PROS and CONS of each style of pod vape, so you can make a more informed buying decision…
Today, we’re going to tackle a topic that’s been the subject of many a heated debate in the vaping community. We’re talking about open pod systems versus closed pod vapes. It’s like the vaping world’s version of the Beatles versus the Rolling Stones, or pizza versus tacos. So, grab your vape, sit back, and let’s dive into the fray.
Open-System Vape Pods
First up, we have the open-system vape pods. These are the best types of pod vape for most users; they offer more freedom with flavors, they’re cheaper to run, and they tend to pack in significantly more features and also come in a range of different designs and styles.
- Stamina: These pods have got the endurance of a marathon runner. Thanks to their stronger batteries, they can go the distance without breaking a sweat.
- Cloud Production: If you’re a cloud chaser, open-system pods are your best bet. They’re known for their impressive cloud production, turning each puff into a mini cloud festival.
- Flavor Variety: With open-system pods, the world is your oyster. They offer a smorgasbord of e-liquid flavors, from fruity delights to classic tobacco. So, you can switch things up whenever the mood strikes.
- Cost-Effective: Open-system pods are kinder to your wallet. They’re generally less expensive than their closed-system counterparts, making them a great choice for budget-conscious vapers.
- Leakage: Nobody’s perfect, and open-system pods are no exception. They can sometimes leak if not filled properly. But with a little care and attention, you can keep this to a minimum.
- Maintenance: These pods require a bit more elbow grease. Refilling them manually does take a few extra minutes. But hey, anything worth doing is worth doing well, right?
- Size: Open-system pods are a bit on the larger side. They’re not as portable as closed-system pods, but what they lack in compactness, they make up for in performance.
On the other side of the ring, we have the closed-system pods like JUUL. These are the straight shooters, the ones that offer a no-mess, no-fuss vaping experience. Generally speaking, closed pod systems are less popular and cost more money to run in the short, medium, and long term.
- Convenience: Closed-system pods are like the fast-food drive-thru of the vaping world. No need for refilling, just grab a pre-filled pod and you’re good to go.
- Leak-Proof: These pods are less prone to leaks, giving you peace of mind. So, you can vape away without worrying about any messy surprises.
- Nicotine Hits: If you’re after stronger nicotine hits, closed-system pods have got you covered. They often offer high levels of nicotine, making them a great choice for those seeking a more intense experience.
- Cost: Convenience comes at a price. Closed-system pods are a bit more expensive, as you’re paying for the luxury of pre-filled pods.
- Limited Flavors: With closed-system pods, you’re stuck with the flavors provided by the manufacturers. So, if you’re someone who likes to experiment with different flavors, this could be a downside.
- Waste: Because they’re disposable, closed-system pods are not as eco-friendly as refillable open-system pods. They create more waste, which is something to consider if you’re trying to reduce your environmental footprint.
Which Is Best?
We’ve journeyed through the ins and outs of open pod systems and closed pod vapes, dissecting their pros and cons, and laying it all out on the table. But remember, this isn’t a one-size-fits-all situation. The best choice ultimately hinges on your unique vaping preferences and needs.
Are you a flavor explorer, always on the hunt for the next tantalizing taste sensation? Or perhaps you’re a cloud chaser, seeking that perfect puff of vapor? If so, go with an open pod system (like the ones listed below). They offer a world of flavor variety and impressive cloud production, all while being kind to your wallet.
On the other hand, if you’re all about convenience and crave those strong nicotine hits, a closed pod system could be your perfect match. They offer a hassle-free, grab-and-go vaping experience, with leak-proof design and high nicotine levels.