PAX vapes – or, vaporizers, as they’re technically known – are not cheap. A brand new PAX 3 will set you back the best part of $300.
They’re great devices, but they’re bloody expensive.
Like phones and PCs, you’re paying for the technology inside them, as well as all the R&D that went into creating them. But what if you’re on a budget?
Should you settle for a sub-par vaporizer experience? Go with a cheaper, inferior model? You could… But this isn’t advisable. Not with devices like these.
Well, for one, vaporizers are pretty sophisticated pieces of hardware; you have an oven and temperature control settings. Managing these two things, precisely, and in an exact fashion, is key to overall performance.
Cheaper vaporizers cannot do this properly, or accurately. This causes problems long term, as loads are over-cooked or the device underperforms, forcing you back to smoking them. And nobody wants this.
Best PAX Vape Options Right Now
Both devices look fairly similar, but they do things slightly differently.
Rather than force you to read unnecessarily, I’ve added a quick-view list below that details all the major differences between the PAX 3 and the PAX 2.
PAX 2 Features
- Available colors: Red / Silver / Blue /Black
- Exterior Material: Transverse Brushed Anodised Aluminum
- Device Dimensions: 3.87 x 1.21 x 0.85
- Oven Dimensions: 18.5mm x 8.6mm x 10mm
- Battery: Lithium-ion battery recharges in 2-3 hours
- Heat Time: Less than a minute to fully heat
- Heating Element: Thin film Kapton heater flex
- Internal Accelerometer: Detects motion to put PAX in standby-mode
- Materials: Vapor path is constructed entirely from medical grade components. All plastic components are food-safe engineering plastics of the highest quality available
PAX 3 Features
- Compatible with flower and concentrates
- Haptic feedback
- High-polished anodized aluminum shell
- 15-second heat up
- 4 temperature settings
- Full-color LED interface indicating battery life/temperature and more
- Internal accelerometer saves energy and material
- 3500 mAh battery
- Double the oven power of PAX 2
- Bluetooth compatible with PAX Vapor app
- Dimensions: 98.5 (H) x 30.6 (W) x 21.4 (D) mm
- 10-year warranty
- 4 colors available (Black Gold Silver and limited edition Rose Gold)
PAX 2 vs PAX 3 – What’s The Difference
Besides price, the main differences between the PAX 2 and the PAX 3 are as follows:
PAX 3 Has Better Battery Life
PAX 3 Supports Flavor Concentrates
PAX 3 has Bluetooth Support & A Phone App
PAX 3 Has Bigger Oven & Faster Heating (15 Seconds)
These are the main differences, the ones you’re paying extra to have. However, when you factor in the price difference ($149 versus $249), savvy buyers might well be convinced by the PAX 2.
Bigger battery life, faster heating times, and phone app support are all well and good, but if you’re on a budget these are definitely things you can leave on the floor and still have a great time.
Case in point: save for the first time I used it, I seldom use the Phone App for my PAX 3. I just can’t be bothered; it’s a great feature but I prefer to just set it manually.
The battery life difference is also negligible; you’re talking about a 16% difference in size, so the overall performance uplift isn’t all that significant. Not when you’re on a big session.
How They’re Similar
The vapor production and flavor on both devices are very similar, meaning you get a lot of flavor and plenty of vapor. In this respect, they’re relatively similar in how they perform. And this is the most important factor anyway.
The PAX 3 is just more technologically advanced; at its core, though, things are very similar. As I said earlier: if you can live without some mod-cons, you will save a packet of cash by going with the PAX 2.
The PAX 2 Still Isn’t Cheap Though…
I know, I know – $149.99 isn’t exactly cheap.
But you have to think of a vaporizer as an investment; one that will last you for years.
These things aren’t like vape mods; they’re built to last years. They won’t just crap out on you after six months. Case in point: I’ve had my PAX 2 for almost 2 years now, and it runs just as good as it did the first time I used it.
PAX does five-year warranties on the PAX 2 as well, so once you’ve got it you’re golden until 2023! And as long as you’re on top of charging, you’ll never have any issues with battery life.
As a rule of thumb, whenever I’m not using mine, I leave it charging on its stand. That way it’s always got plenty of juice. And, if you’re going outside the home, the charging stand easily fits in your pocket and runs on USB.
Why PAX 2 is Best For Users On A Budget
Again, the PAX 2 ain’t exactly cheap. But you have to keep in mind that it was once considered the best vaporizer on the planet (until the PAX 3 got released).
Prior to the PAX 3’s release, it retailed for $249.99 – which is very pricey.
But now, less than 12 months later, you can get it for $100 less. And it still really is one of the best vaporizers in the business; it’s just now a lot more accessible.
The flavor, design, vapor, and overall usability are all brilliant. It is the type of device you buy once and then never give another vaporizer a thought again. It just works so well.
If you’re flush, and you like technology, the PAX 3 is obviously the one to go for – it’s the latest and greatest.
But if you’re after some serious value for money, the PAX 2, at $149.99, is basically impossible to beat in the vaporizer space right now, and if you’re on a budget it is 100% the one you want to go for.
I wouldn’t trade mine in for anything!
2021’s Top-Rated Vape Gear🤘
- The Coolest New Vape Mods
- The Best Pod & AIO Vapes
- The Best Sub-Ohm Tanks
- The Top Weed Vaporizers Right Now
Best Place To Buy
PAX 2 | Direct From PAX Labs | $149.99 (Inc. 2 Year Warranty)
PAX 3 | Direct From PAX Labs | $249.99 (Inc. 10 Year Warranty)
Big Brands. Massive Savings 🔥
- SAVE 50% ON ALL VAPE JUICE – USE CODE: BETTERYEAR
- SAVE 10% VaporDNA – USE CODE: DNA10
- SAVE 15% CBDfx – USE CODE: FXSAVINGS
- SAVE 20% AMERICAN SHAMAN – USE CODE: AMERICAN20
- SAVE 35% FiveCBD – USE CODE: SAVE35