I’ve got the pleasure of reviewing their latest creation, the Argus G Pod Kit. But there’s a tiny thing missing that prevents it from being absolutely perfect – let’s dive in and find out what that is.
The Argus G is quite a nifty little device. It may be small, but it’s got a ton of features packed in, and let me tell you, it delivers one heck of a vaping experience. The adjustable airflow is a neat touch, making it suitable for a wide range of vapers.
You know, I’ve always admired VooPoo’s reputation in the vaping world. They’re like the go-to brand for innovative, high-quality vape gear. And now, they’ve unleashed their latest creation – the Argus G – into the ever-evolving world of pod systems. I’ve had the pleasure of taking this one for a spin, and I can’t wait to walk you through it.
What’s In The Box of VooPoo Argus G
Inside your kit, you’ll discover the VooPoo Argus G, available in different colors.
- Voopoo Argus G Battery/Body
- Argus Pod; 0.7 ohm (pre-fitted)
- Argus Pod; 1.2 ohm
- Type-C USB Charging Cable
- User Manual
- Argus Pod Platform Card
- Construction: Aluminium Alloy and PCTG
- Dimensions: 110.9mm (H) including Pod x 25.7mm (W) x 13.5 mm (D)
- Weight: 47.25 grams (Including Pod)
- Charging: Type-C USB 5V/1A
- Charging Time: 85 minutes
- Resistance Range: 0.5 ohms – 3.0 ohms
- Output Wattage: 5W – 25W + Smart Detect
- Output Voltage: 3.2V – 4.2V
- Battery Specification: Internal 1000mAh Capacity
- Display: 0.42 inch (9mm x 6mm) OLED
- E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml
- Filling Method: Concealed Side Fill
- Firing Method: Auto Draw and Fire Button Activation
- Coils: Non-replaceable
- Coil Material: Kanthal
- Drip Tip: Duckbill Style Mouthpiece
- Airflow: Fully Adjustable Slide Lever
- Pod Connection: Magnetic
- Pod Type: 0.7ohm and 1.2ohm
- Vape Style: MTL / RDL
- 7 Levels Of Protection
- ITO Technology / Anti-Leak
- Chipset: Gene AI
VooPoo Argus G Device
You’ll love the small 0.42-inch OLED display on the front face of the VooPoo Argus G. It gives you all the important info you need – wattage, pod/coil resistance, puff count, fire button lock, and your remaining battery charge icon. The display is in white, so no color jazz, but it’s super clear and bright.
Here’s the catch, though: The display info is tiny, except for the numerical wattage value. If you’ve got good eyesight, great! Otherwise, you might want to keep a magnifying glass handy, like I do!
Now, flip it over to the bottom of the Argus G. It’s flat and has this nifty black silicone rubber insert. Not only does it keep the device from slipping and sliding, but it also doubles as a shield to protect the base from scratches. Plus, it ensures your Argus G stands steady when you’re not using it.
What’s with Argus G Pod?
Here’s the deal with these pods: They not only deliver a fantastic vaping experience but also last impressively long.
You probably know your way around the Argus 0.7 ohm and 1.2 ohm pods, and you’ve seen how well they perform in various Voopoo Argus Pod devices. These are the same pods, which are now labeled as Argus pods (cartridges), and they’re compatible with Argus Pod, Argus Pod SE, Argus P1, Argus Z, and the Argus G.
How to Fill the Pod
Here are the steps you should know:
- The side fill port is concealed by a black silicone rubber plug. To access it, remove the pod from the Argus G body.
- Open the plug using the indented arrow; the rubber flap stays attached. The filling hole is about 4.5mm wide, suitable for short e-liquid bottles. Four small air intake holes are located on the bottom side of the pod.
- To insert the pod, slide it into the Argus G body’s pod opening; magnets will secure it.
- When inserted, the Argus G’s OLED display lights up for about 30 seconds.
- To remove the pod, grasp the mouthpiece and pull it away from the Argus G body; it’s held in place by magnets.
0.7 ohm Pod
- When you insert the pod, the “Smart Coil Detect” automatically sets the wattage to 16W, but you can manually adjust it to a maximum of 18W.
- Flavor and vapor production are excellent.
- Auto draw and the fire button work equally well.
- My preferred airflow setting is slightly less than fully open for a smooth restricted direct to lung (RDL) draw.
1.2 ohm Pod
- The “Smart Coil Detect” sets the wattage to 10W, but you can manually take it up to 12W.
- Flavor and vapor are solid.
- The minimum 5W setting provides a satisfying vape, while the optimum 12W setting works perfectly.
- Auto draw requires a bit more airflow when fully open, but the fire button is reliable.
- Closing the airflow halfway offers a nice tight mouth to lung (MTL) draw.
- Closing it completely doesn’t yield great results, which is expected.
- The draw is smooth, quiet, and gurgle-free.
- My preferred airflow setting is halfway open.
When using a new pod, fill it with e-liquid and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to saturate the wick.
Start at 5W and gradually increase the wattage in 2W increments until you reach your desired power level.
Let’s talk about how the Argus G adds some versatility to your vaping journey with its adjustable airflow feature. Just move a little lever up or down on the device’s side to dial in your preferences.
Sliding it up reduces the airflow, while sliding it down increases it. You’ve got about 6mm of wiggle room with this slider, so you can really fine-tune your draw just the way you like it.
Now, when it comes to the Argus G Pod Kit, it’s a cool deal. In the kit, you’ll find two pods: one with a 0.7 ohm coil and another with a 1.2 ohm coil. Unlike pods with replaceable coils, these pods are designed for easy disposal when the coil eventually wears out. You can then pop in a fresh pod, and you’re good to go – no fussing with individual coil changes.
For the best experience, go for freebase nicotine or nic salts with a 50/50 PG/VG ratio due to the smaller wicking ports and lower wattage. Surprisingly, I’ve used 70VG/30PG e-liquids with no issues.
Before using a new coil, it’s essential to prime it to prevent dry hits:
- With the device turned off, take a few draws (inhales) from the drip tip without pressing the fire button. This helps draw e-liquid into the coil.
- Allow the device to sit for approximately 10 minutes to ensure the coil is fully saturated with e-liquid.
When you put in a new coil, make sure it’s threaded correctly to prevent leaks.
Insert the coil into the base of the tank and twist it until it clicks into place.
Prime the coil by adding a few drops of e-liquid directly onto the cotton and the coil’s tip.
Fill the tank, ensuring the e-liquid doesn’t go below the cotton openings for proper saturation and to prevent dry hits.
Device Control Made Easy
The Voopoo Argus G, my friend, is a variable wattage pod, packing a 0.42-inch OLED display that shows all your settings. What’s cool is, there are no pesky + or – buttons to fuss with. It’s all about the fire button, and here’s how it works:
- Press the fire button five times to switch the device on.
- When it’s on, hit the fire button five times to dive into the Puff Clear/Lock/Power Off menu.
- And if you’re in the mood to change the wattage, just tap the fire button three times.
- When you choose “Lock” in the sub-menu, a padlock icon appears beneath the wattage value on the main display.
Now, here’s what sets this apart from the crowd. Usually, multiple button presses can be a bit tricky, right? But not with the Argus G. When it’s on and you want to get into the sub-menus or tweak the wattage, only the first press of the fire button activates the coil. So don’t worry, the next 2 or 4 presses won’t make the coil go haywire.
Oh, and one more thing to keep in mind: If you’re not pressing the fire button or taking a puff from the pod, the display screen goes into standby mode after about 30 seconds. It’ll start by dimming after 10 seconds and will go completely dark after an additional 20 seconds.
Main Display Screen
Battery Level Indicator: Keeps you informed about your remaining battery life.
Wattage Level: Displays your chosen wattage setting.
Lock/Unlock: Allows you to secure or release the device for safety.
Coil Resistance Reading: Gives you the precise resistance of the coil in use.
Puff Counter: Helps you keep track of your vaping usage.
With regards to safety features, the onboard Gene AI chip provides the following levels of protection:
- Overtime:- 5 seconds cut-off
- No Load (o/c):– No coil detected (>3.0 ohms)
- Overcharge:- Cuts off at 100% charge
- Over Discharge:– Device will shut down
- Over Temperature:- Device will shut down
- Short-Circuit:- S/C or Low resistance detected (<0.5 ohms)
- Low Voltage:- Below 3.3V
- Lock/Unlock Feature
The Voopoo Argus G comes with a 1000mAh internal battery, and I must say, it’s quite a decent capacity for a pod mod of this size. On average, it kept me vaping for a little over a day on a single charge.
Now, battery performance can be a bit personal. It really depends on how you like to vape, the power settings you use, the coil or pod resistance, and your overall vaping style.
When I first placed the Argus G on charge, the percentage figure showed 1% of charge and 83 minutes of time remaining until full charge was achieved.
Once charging is completed, the OLED display will show 100% and the battery icon will be full white and will no longer be cycling. The time remaining value underneath will say “0 Mins”. This display will remain visible while the Type-C charging cable is plugged in.
You know what, I’ve got to say, the VooPoo Argus G pod kit has definitely won me over. For me, it’s their Argus pod kit yet. I mean, it’s got all the bells and whistles – variable wattage, smart coil detection, an OLED display, adjustable airflow, dual activation options, and a slick design with a fantastic finish. It’s the complete package.
What’s even cooler is how well it pairs up with the Argus pods – seriously, the compatibility and performance are off the charts. And I was pretty stoked to find both the 0.7 ohm and 1.2 ohm pods in the kit. Those pods are legit, and the fact that you can snag empty pods and pop in ITO replacement coils just takes this kit to the next level.
And as far as looks go, the entire Argus G lineup is pretty impressive. I gotta hand it to ’em, the Racing Green one we got for this review was a real head-turner.