🌟 Key Takeaways
- 📵 No App for PAX Plus
- 🎛️ Four Built-In Modes
- 🍏 Apple’s Ban on Cannabis Apps
- 🔄 PAX’s Strategic Shift
If you’re scouring the app stores for a PAX Plus app, stop right there. Unlike its predecessors, the PAX 3 and PAX ERA, the PAX Plus doesn’t come with an app.
Instead, it features four built-in modes: Stealth, Efficiency, Flavor, and Boost. Each mode is easily accessible via the mouthpiece button and is represented by a unique LED light combination.
Why No App?
The absence of an app is a strategic move by PAX. Apple has banned cannabis-related apps from its App Store, which has impacted the usability of previous PAX models like the PAX 3 and PAX ERA for iPhone users.
To circumvent this issue and offer a seamless experience to all users, PAX decided to go app-less with the PAX Plus.
And this is a good thing too: the vaporizer is now completely usable out of the box. No pairing, no fannying around with Bluetooth. For me, it makes the PAX Plus all the better. Find out more about why inside our updated PAX Plus review.
What Do The PAX Plus’ Modes Do?
Each of the modes on the PAX Plus is accessed via the mouthpiece button and, once selected, is represented by a unique LED light combination.
This allows you to switch modes effortlessly, even in low-light conditions. The built-in modes offer a tailored experience, making the PAX Plus a versatile device that caters to a range of user preferences.
- Stealth Mode: In Stealth Mode, the device operates at a lower temperature and produces minimal vapor and odor. This is ideal for those moments when you want to be discreet. Whether you’re at a social gathering or just stepping outside for a quick session, Stealth Mode ensures you won’t draw attention.
- Efficiency Mode: Efficiency Mode is designed to optimize your material usage. The device intelligently adjusts the temperature to ensure you’re getting the most out of your cannabis. It’s a smart choice for those who want to conserve their material without sacrificing quality.
- Flavor Mode: Flavor Mode is all about terpene preservation. Terpenes are the aromatic compounds in cannabis that contribute to its unique flavor profile. By operating at a temperature that preserves these delicate compounds, Flavor Mode delivers a vaping experience rich in taste. It’s perfect for the connoisseur who values the nuanced flavors of different strains.
- Boost Mode: Boost Mode is for those who want a more robust experience. The device operates at a higher temperature, producing thicker vapor and more intense effects. If you’re looking for a more potent session, Boost Mode has you covered.
You also get a concentrate insert included in the box with the Plus too. Although, for my money – if you want to do concentrates – you’re going to be much better off with either the PAX Era or the PAX ERA Pro.