Davinci IQ 2 Vaporizer – What Is It?
You can read my full review of the IQ2 here.
This isn’t a
First, let’s take a look at the
Davinci IQ 2 New Features
- Adjustable Airflow – With adjustable airflow, a first for portable vaporizers, in my experience, you can change how the
Davinci IQ 2draws either by increasing and decreasing the resistance. Want more vapor? Open up the airflow. Prefer a tighter draw and less vapor? Tighten it down. Or, if you’d prefer something in the middle, experiment with the Davinci IQ 2’s five adjustable airflow settings until you find the perfect setting.
- Dose Calculation – This new feature is pretty darn fancy, and also a little gimmicky. But if you’re lucky enough to live in a state or country where cannabis is legal, you can input your strain’s potency and the amount of it you put into the
Davinci IQ 2, and it will calculate your dose per draw and per session. You can even set up dose limits, so you don’t go overboard. Dose Calculation works on the device and in the app. If you’re using the Davinci IQ 2 for medical purposes, this feature will be a godsend as you’ll be able to get the exact right dose for your needs and no more.
These are the two biggest new features of the
Davinci IQ 2 Specs
- Compatible With: Dry Herb Extracts
- Capacity: 0.5g Dry Herb Oven; 0.2g Dosage Pod
- Heating System: Glass Lined Oven, Heat-not-burn Conduction
- Air Flow: Adjustable, Five Levels
- Air Path: Airtight, Glass and Zirconia Ceramic
- Temperature Control: Smart Paths and Precision Temperature Mode
- Smartphone App: Personalization, Temperature Control, Track and Report Dosage, Update Firmware
- Materials Outside: Brushed Aluminium
- Size: 1.75 x 3.61 x 0.97 inches
- Weight: 5.6 oz / 159 g
- Heat-up Time: Less than 1 Minute
- Battery Type: 18650, 1 Hour Use, Removable/Rechargeable
- Charging Time: 6 Hours in IQ2 (less in external chargers, sold separately)
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Mode 1: starts at 350F and increases to 370F
- Mode 2: starts at 370F and increases to 390F
- Mode 3- starts at 390 and increases to 410F
- Mode 4: starts at 410 and increases to 430F
Personally, I don’t think Davinci needed to mess with the physical design and/or battery power this time around anyway. Having the ability to use 18650 batteries for power is a great option because you can always have a few on charge that are ready to go when you’re having a big session. With vaporizers that have internal batteries (like the PAX 3) once the battery is dead the fun is over until it charges back up again – and that can take upwards of an hour!
Boost Mode is still available on the
Davinci IQ 2 Design
I also really like the design of the original Davinci IQ, so I’m glad Davinci kind of stuck with it for the
Overall dimensions are 1.75 x 3.61 x 0.97 inches and it weighs just 159g, making it a very portable and pocketable vaporizer. Like the original, the
You have two options for the mouthpiece on the
Davinci has kept the flavor chamber in place on the IQ 2 as well. The flavor chamber is located at the top of the
Davinci IQ 2 Adjustable Airflow – How To Use It
For me, the biggest and best new feature of the
You can have it wide open for maximum vapor or closed right down for a tighter draw and less vapor (this setting would be ideal for stealth vaporizing in places you maybe shouldn’t – on the bus, for instance).
- Best Weed Vaporizer Mods
- Best Desktop Vaporizers – My #1 Picks For 2020
- The Many, Many Benefits of Vaporizing Weed
The adjustable airflow setting also affects flavor too; the more open it is, the faster the air passes through the oven which makes for cooler, denser vapor. Conversely, if you have the adjustable airflow dialed right back to its tightest setting, the airflow will be restricted and pass through the oven at a slower rate, making for warmer vapor.
Again, your preferences will vary from mine. I like cool vapor, so I have it wide-open most of the time. If you prefer a warmer vape, as many do, then you’ll want to have it less open. Finding the exact right setting for you might take some experimentation but it is very easy to do, just turn the dial left or right.
Davinci IQ 2 Worth It Then?
I was a massive fan and advocate of the original Davinci IQ. I loved the way it looked, performed, and how simple it was to set up and use. The
The adjustable airflow on the
Like the original Davinci IQ, the
Is it worth $295? Yes.
Why? High-end vaporizers are expensive; this is just a fact. But the gulf between a device like the
If you’re in the market for a solid, portable vaporizer in 2020 and you don’t want to spend more than $300, the
For me, the
2021’s Top-Rated Vape Gear🤘
- The Coolest New Vape Mods
- The Best Pod & AIO Vapes
- The Best Sub-Ohm Tanks
- The Top Weed Vaporizers Right Now
Where To Buy? The Davinci Store – $295 (w/ 10-Year Warranty)
Cheaper Alternatives (My #1 Picks)