Wicking the GeekVape Zeus RTA is a cinch when you know the exact procedure for the perfect wick – here’s how it’s done…
GeekVape’s Zeus RTA is a brilliant RTA tank and, in the right hands, it can produce some of the best flavor in the business. The only thing you need to get right in order to unlock its full potential is your wick.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to wick the GeekVape Zeus RTA perfectly every time for maximum flavor and optimal performance. And, when wicked correctly, you’ll never have to worry about dry hit and leaking.
Here’s everything you need to know about wicking the GeekVape Zeus RTA. Just follow the steps and you’ll have the tank setup perfectly for maximum performance flavor.
How To Wick The GeekVape Zeus RTA
- Gather your materials: You will need your RTA tank, some cotton, and some wire or a pre-made coil. You may also want to have a set of wire cutters on hand if you’re wrapping your own coils, and some tweezers too.
- Cut a piece of cotton: Cut a piece of cotton that is long enough to easily reach from the bottom of your RTA tank to the top of the coil. You will want to leave a little bit of excess cotton at the top to tuck into the coil.
- Install the cotton: Thread the cotton through the centre of the coil, making sure that it is centred and not touching the sides of the coil. Once the cotton is in place, tuck the excess at the top of the coil into the gaps between the wire.
- Trim the cotton: Once the cotton is in place, you will want to trim the ends of the cotton so that they are even with the bottom of the tank. You can do this by holding the cotton taut and using your wire cutters to carefully trim the ends.
- Prime the coil: Before you install the coil in your RTA tank, you will want to prime it by adding a few drops of e-liquid to the cotton. This will help to prevent the cotton from burning when you first use the tank.
- Install the coil: Once the coil is primed, you can install it in your RTA tank by screwing it into place. Make sure that the cotton is not touching the sides of the tank, as this can cause problems with wicking.
- Fill the tank: Once the coil is installed, you can fill the tank with e-liquid. Make sure to leave a little bit of space at the top to allow for proper air flow.
- Vape: Once the tank is filled, you can reassemble your device and start vaping. Make sure to give the cotton a few minutes to soak up the e-liquid before taking your first puff, as this will help to prevent dry hits.
Best Vape Juice For GeekVape Zeus RTA?
Once you have the Zeus RTA set up and wicked correctly, your next port of call is finding the right e-liquid to run in it – and, as I’m sure you’re all aware, not all e-liquid is made to the same exact standards.
If you’re finding that your wick gets gunked-up really quickly, turns black, and needs changing far too often, chances are you’re using bad vape juice, meaning vape juice with lots of artificial sweeteners and other crap in it.
For me, the best vape juice to use in a single coil RTA like the Zeus RTA would be the following brands:
All of the above vape juice brands come in a range of flavor options, they’re all Nic Salts-based juices, so they’re perfect for single coil MTL tanks and, best of all, they’re excellent quality too, so they won’t gunk up your wick too quickly.
Or, if you’re in the UK and EU you can buy e-liquid direct from VapeBeat. Here’s a selection of our most popular flavors and brands right now:
No Frills Originals 80ml Shortfill 0mg (80VG/20PG)£7.99
Flavour Treats Desserts by Ohm Boy 100ml Shortfill 0mg (70VG/30PG)£7.99
Leprechaun Pudding Parlour E-liquids Gift Box (70VG-30PG)£6.99
Leprechaun Dry Ice E-liquids Gift Box (70VG-30PG)£6.99
The Big Tasty Juiced 100ml Shortfill 0mg (70VG/30PG)£7.99
Kingston Get Fruity 100ml Shortfill 0mg (70VG/30PG)£7.99
City Vape 50/50 Shortfill 0mg (50VG/50PG)£7.99
Slushie Limited Edition 50ml Shortfill 0mg (70VG/30PG)£5.99
My E-liquids Ice Is Nice 50ml Shortfills 0mg (70VG/30PG)£4.99