How To Use The Wismec Reuleaux RX200 AND Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
The Wismec Reuleaux RX200 was and still is an iconic mod that was loved and used by millions of vape enthusiasts the globe over.
I used and abused one for 12 solid months before switching to a Vaporesso Nebula. I loved my Wismec Reuleaux RX200; it was unlike anything else on the market.
In fact, I loved mine so much that after 12 months it looked as if it had been to a war zone and back!
The Wismec Reuleaux RX200 is largely responsible for the surge of Wismec in the vaping space. The company, now easily one of the biggest players in the space, has expanded rapidly in the last 18 months.
The Wismec Reuleaux RX200 was actually replaced by the Wismec Reuleaux RX200S, a revamped version of the mod that retains nearly all of its classic design, just with a few new additions like its massive OLED display.
We now also have the Wismec Reuleaux RX75, the Wismec Reuleaux RX300, which is a monstrous beast that takes FOUR batteries and has a max output of 300W and also the Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3.
I don’t know how they’re doing it, but GearBeat is undercutting EVERYBODY with respect to pricing for the Wismec Reuleaux RX300.
GearBest is selling the Reuleaux RX300 for 40% Less Than UK EcigStore (£99 vs £44) and around $30-$40 less than most major US retailers.
Because all Reuleaux mods, save for the DNA 200 version, use Joyetech’s chipset, the way you use the mod and the software that powers remains the same, so what follows below works on all Reuleaux mods including the updated Reuleaux RX200S, Reuleaux RX75 and Reuleaux RX 2/3.
These powerful mods, with their built in software and chipsets can, however, be a little complicated to get your head around at first.
This is why we’ve put together this piece — it’s a complete break down of EVERYTHING you need to know about using the Reuleaux RX200, RX200S, RX75 and RX2/3 box-mods, including hidden features, settings and getting the most from it in everyday settings.
Right: Let’s do THIS.
How To Use The Reuleaux RX200 Box-Mod: Basic Setup
Powering ON and OFF the device:
- Press the fire button 5 times quickly.
Using the Stealth Function:
- With the device on, press and hold both the fire and down buttons together. To turn off Stealth mode just repeat the process.
Adjustment Lock Function:
- With the device on, press the up and down buttons together. This will lock and unlock the adjustment button functions.
Locking the Resistance:
- With the device on, press and hold both the fire and up buttons together. To disable resistance lock, repeat the procedure. The coil should be at room temperature.
Switching the Display Modes:
- With the device off, pressing the up and down buttons will rotate the screen 180 degrees. You can view the screen from two different angles.
How To Use The Reuleaux RX200 Box-Mod: Vaping Modes
Switching between TC/VW modes:
- With the device on, press the fire button 3 times quickly and then use the up or down to select desired mode and press fire button to confirm selection.
Adjusting Wattage in TC mode:
- Press the fire button quickly 4 times, press either up or down to your desired wattage. Long pressing either up or down will rapidly increase or decrease wattage.
- In TC mode, the temperature can be adjusted using the up or down buttons in a range of 100-315C/200-600F.
Variable Wattage (VW) mode:
- Output wattage can be adjusted from 1-200W using the up and down buttons.
How To Use The Reuleaux RX200 Box-Mod: Safety Features Explained
No Atomizer Alert:
- If no atomizer is detected the OLED screen displays “No Atomizer”.
- This usually means that you’re atomizer isn’t connected properly; make sure the tank is secured properly – this usually fixes any issues.
- If that doesn’t work… make sure you actually have a coil installed.
10 second Protection:
- If the fire button is pressed for longer than 10 seconds the output will shut off and the OLED screen will display “Over 10S”
Low Power Alert:
- When the voltage of the battery reaches below 3.1v the device will display “Battery Low”. If you continue to press the fire button the device shows “Lock” and will not work.
Atomizer Low Alert:
- If the resistance of the atomizer is lower than 0.1ohm in VW mode or 0.05ohm in TC mode, the OLED screen will display “Atomizer Short”
- In TC mode, if the actual temperature of the coil reaches the set temperature the devices shows “Temp Protection”
Check Battery Alert:
- When one of the cells is not installed correctly, OLED will display “Check Battery”
Weak Battery Alert:
- In TC/VW mode, with an atomizer on top of the device and the battery is below 2.9v, the display shows “Weak Battery”. Meanwhile, the output power will be reduced accordingly.
How To Use The Reuleaux RX200 Box-Mod: Best Practices
Some atomizers have a longer 510 than others. One should be careful to not over tighten the atomizer onto the mod as this could damage the 510 connection.
Even though you can use the USB port on the front of the device for charging it is recommended to use an external battery charger to recharge your batteries.
At least once a week take a Q-tip and clean all the connections on your device. This ensures proper functionality of your device. The OLED screen may get slightly warm with continued use. This is normal and not a cause for an alarm. Make sure to marry your batteries to the device. It is recommended to purchase new batteries when you buy a new device.
How To Use The Reuleaux RX200 Box-Mod: Use A Protective Skin To Ward of Scratches!
Another thing you might want to consider when using the Reuleaux RX200 and Reuleaux RX200S is general wear and tear. I used my Reuleaux RX200 for over 12 months, it went everywhere with me, and it now looks like its been to a war-zone and back. The damn thing is scratched, knocked-about and bruised, as you can see below!
But you don’t need to make the same mistake, as there are protective measures you can use to protect the chassis of your Reuleaux RX200 and Reuleaux RX200S in the form of cheap, multi-coloured protective skins which you can pick up from as little as $6 via eBay!
Fast Tech also has plenty of options for protective covers for your Reuleaux mods.
If you’re keen on keeping your mod in pristine condition, whether to pass it on to another vaper when you upgrade or for re-sale, do yourself a favour and pick up one of these protective skins – they work great and they will keep your mod looking great all year round!
How To Use The Reuleaux RX200 Box-Mod: Updating The Firmware
To update the firmware on your Wismec Reuleaux first visit Wismec’s website and download the firmware updater for your device — Mac and Windows are supported.
After doing that, remove the batteries from your device and plug the supplied usb cable to your device and computer. Open up the file that you downloaded from wismec and select the upgrader.
After your device is detected, select the new firmware (software). Once this process is done you may now remove the usb cable from your device and reinstall the batteries.
This next step is VERY IMPORTANT, check the settings on the device before you use it to ensure your desired mode and wattage is correct.
And that’s it — your introductory guide to the AWESOME Reuleaux RX200 Box-Mod. If you have any other questions about this, or any other box-mod, hit us up in the comments, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Wismec Reuleaux RX75 Best Prices Online[go_pricing id=”reuleauxrx75″]
Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 Best Prices Online[go_pricing id=”reuleauxrx23″]