Curious about Delta 9? Wondering what the Delta 9 high is like? Here’s everything you need to know about what to expect when you consume Delta 9…
Table of Contents
Ever wondered what it’s like to ride a cloud? To feel the world soften around you, your senses heightened, your mind at ease? If you’ve used weed or delta 9 before, you’ll know EXACTLY what I’m talking about.
If you haven’t or you’re completely new to Delta 9, strap in because there are some differences between standard cannabis (i.e. weed) and Delta 9 that you will definitely want to know about before blasting off.
Like weed, Delta 9 will get you high – very high, in fact. It’s a unique experience, a journey into a realm of relaxation and euphoria. But like any journey, it’s best to know what you’re in for. So, let’s take a closer look at what a Delta-9 high feels like.
What The Delta 9 High Is Like
The Curtain Rises: The Onset of a Delta-9 High
The Delta-9 high doesn’t hit you all at once. It’s more of a gradual ascent. You might start to notice a lightness in your body, a tingling sensation that starts at the crown of your head and slowly trickles down to your toes.
Your senses might become more acute. Colors may seem brighter, sounds more resonant, and tastes more intense.
The Main Act: The Peak of a Delta-9 High
As the high peaks, you’ll likely feel a wave of euphoria wash over you. This is often accompanied by a sense of relaxation and a feeling of being “in the moment.”
You might find yourself laughing more, your mood elevated, and your worries a distant memory. Some people also report feeling more creative and introspective during this stage, with thoughts and ideas flowing freely.
The Encore: The After-Effects of a Delta-9 High
As the high starts to wear off, you’ll likely feel a sense of calm and relaxation. Some people report feeling a bit drowsy or sleepy during this stage.
It’s also not uncommon to feel a bit hungry, a phenomenon often referred to as “the munchies.”
How Long Does Delta 9 High Last?
We’ve covered, broadly speaking, what you can expect from the high when you use Delta 9 but what about how long it lasts? One of the most common questions from new users and beginners, is, “How long does a Delta-9 high last?”
The answer to this question can vary greatly depending on a number of factors. So, let’s take a closer look at what influences the duration of a Delta-9 high.
Factors Influencing the Duration of a Delta-9 High:
- Dosage: The amount of Delta-9 THC you consume plays a significant role in determining how long the high will last. A higher dose will typically result in a longer-lasting high.
- Method of Consumption: The way you consume Delta-9 THC can also affect the duration of the high. For example, if you smoke or vape, the effects can be felt almost immediately and may last for 1 to 3 hours. On the other hand, if you consume Delta-9 THC in an edible form, the effects may take longer to kick in (anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours), but the high can last much longer, sometimes up to 8 hours.
- Individual Tolerance: Your personal tolerance to Delta-9 THC can also influence how long the high lasts. If you’re new to Delta-9 THC, the effects may last longer compared to someone who uses it regularly.
- Metabolism: Your metabolism plays a role too. If you have a faster metabolism, your body may process the Delta-9 THC more quickly, resulting in a shorter high.
- Body Composition: Factors such as body weight and body fat percentage can also affect how long the high lasts. Delta-9 THC is fat-soluble, meaning it’s stored in fat cells. So, individuals with a higher body fat percentage may experience a longer-lasting high.
- Potency of the Product: The strength of the Delta-9 THC product you’re using can also influence the duration of the high. Products with a higher concentration of Delta-9 THC may produce a longer-lasting high.
Stages of a Delta-9 High:
- Onset: This is when you start to feel the effects of Delta-9 THC. With smoking or vaping, this can happen within minutes. With edibles, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Peak: This is when the effects of Delta-9 THC are the strongest. This typically occurs within 15 minutes to an hour after onset when smoking or vaping, and 2 to 4 hours after onset when consuming edibles.
- Come Down: This is when the effects of Delta-9 THC start to wear off. This can take anywhere from a few hours to more than half a day, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Tthe duration of a Delta-9 high can vary greatly depending on factors like dosage, method of consumption, individual tolerance, metabolism, body composition, and the potency of the product.
As always, it’s important to consume Delta-9 THC responsibly which is a boomer/karen way of saying ALWAYS START OFF SMALL with lose doses until you find your feet and gauge your tolerance.
The Critics’ Review: The Potential Side Effects
Like any performance, a Delta-9 high can have its downsides. Some people may experience feelings of paranoia or anxiety, especially with higher doses. Although, paradoxically, delta 9 has also been shown to be a great treatment for depression and anxiety.
Dry mouth, also known as “cottonmouth,” is another common side effect. This is more common with new users, so make sure to drink plenty of fluids. My go to beverage? Fizzy water with a dash of lemon. It’s perfect for quenching your thirst and keeping you hydrated. And if it’s a hot day, add in some ice cubes and a few sprigs of mint.
Of course, the intensity and duration of the high can vary greatly depending on factors like dosage, method of consumption, and individual tolerance.
The Final Bow: Consuming Responsibly
A Delta-9 high can be a delightful experience, but it’s important to consume responsibly. Start with a low dose, especially if you’re new to Delta-9 THC, and give yourself plenty of time to experience the effects before consuming more.
And as always, make sure you’re in a safe and comfortable environment. It’s probably not a good idea to try it for the first time at a house party where you don’t really know anyone and are feeling slightly anxious. Test with friends, the closer the better, in a familiar and safe location.
Delta-9 high is a unique experience, marked by feelings of euphoria, relaxation, and heightened senses. But like any psychoactive substance, it’s important to consume responsibly and be aware of potential side effects. So, if you’re considering trying Delta-9 THC, do your research, start slow, and enjoy the ride.
And if you need more information, we got your back – check out our ultimate guide to Delta 9 which covers everything from how it works to its history and usage and legal status in the USA.