All The Latest News, Studies & Headlines From The Front Line
Latest Vape Advocacy News | Your Weekly Bulletin
All the best vape advocacy from around the web.
This weekly feature will showcase all the latest research and headlines from around the globe.
The idea? To give you access to all the latest research on vaping and harm-reduction.
The war on vaping is positively raging right now.
In the US, things are looking pretty bad. The FDA is going after vaping big time, treating it worse than actual cigarettes.
This blog is designed to champion all the latest advocacy news, studies, and thoughts from researchers in the field of vaping and tobacco harm reduction circles.
We’ll be updating it each week with new stories, research papers, studies, and insight from some of the biggest names in research, media, and advocacy.
So, please, pour yourself a cold one, load up your vape tank, and chow down on some of the latest stories and news in the world of vaping advocacy.
Vape Advocacy Headlines From Around The Web
October 5, 2018
- 10 “Pro-Vaping” Studies The FDA Doesn’t Want You To See – VapeBeat – 10 landmark studies that conclude vaping is not only 95% safer than smoking, but also our best tool in riding the world of smoking within a couple of generations.
- E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review – Public Health England – a landmark study on the longterm effects of vaping; the report concludes that vaping is around 95% safer than smoking. Public Health England advises UK government to back vaping as a key tool in lowering smokers numbers.
- The FDA’s Teen E-Cigarette-Addiction Epidemic Doesn’t Add Up – Rodu Tobacco Truth – An analytic look at the FDA’s numbers and why they don’t add up. The term “epidemic” has been thrown around a lot recently, but a closer look at the actual data shows that is complete junk science.
- Why it would be crazy to ban e-cigarettes – The Telegraph – An op-ed piece on the craziness of banning ecigs when they have been so successful in lowering smoking rates in the UK.
- NHS hospitals should sell e-cigarettes, says Government agency – The Independent – UK government agency says it would be a good idea for the NHS to start selling ecigs in its hospitals in order to get more people off of cigarettes.
- Headlines saying ‘vaping might cause cancer’ are wildly misleading – Cancer Research UK – Nicotine, by itself, does not cause cancer. An overview of the current misunderstanding of nicotine in health and scientific circles.
- Doctors should state clearly that vaping is a much lower risk than smoking – The BMJ – Call for doctors to start waking up to the facts: vaping is 95% safer than smoking.
- Vaping saves lives. It’d be madness to ban it – The Guardian – An op-ed on why it’d be mad to ban vaping when it actually saves lives and will save the NHD billions in the coming years.
Got a news tip? Send us a link, and we’ll add it to the next round-up!