Squonk mods are insanely popular right now. In fact, they’re so popular they’re actually responsible for an entirely new generation of atomizers – yes, I’m talking about rebuildable squonk atomizers (RSAs).
These new styles of vape mod are popular for a number of reasons, but I think the two mains factors are as follows:
#1) You no longer have to drip E Juice anymore; the squonk mod does all the legwork. All you have to do is install a build and you’re good to go.
#2) You can now get dual-cell, regulated mods like the USV MachON3 squonker and these devices bring true, box-mod-grade battery life into the mix, as well as support for temperature control vaping.
RDA Tanks Beat Sub Ohm Tanks For Flavor
This is a known fact, but with the rise of squonk mods, things have taken a more dramatic turn. Back in the day, running an RDA came with some pretty serious caveats, namely the need to constantly drip.
People used RDAs, despite this, because they gave the best flavor of any style of tank.
But now, with the advent of squonk mods, notably regulated squonk mods, this caveat is completely removed. Dripping is no longer an issue and RDA tanks are now just as convenient to run as traditional sub-ohm tanks.
More so, in some respects!
I mean, most squonk mods will hold anywhere from 8-10ml of E Juice, and that’s more than double most vape tanks.
Squonk Mods Are Now Regulated
When squonking first hit the mainstream, the first generation of mods were all unregulated – making them mech mods.
However, you can now pick up a whole gamut of 100% regulated squonk mods that function and perform just like a traditional box mod – only with totally awesome squonk functionality.
The Best of ALL Possible Worlds…
Combine these two factors: RDAs (with their awesome flavor) + squonk mods (with their regulated chips and dual-battery support) = a thoroughly better option than a standard vape tank and box mod combo.
Think about it:
- You have support for TC vaping, Bypass Mode and all the usual safety measures inside modern, regulated squonk mods.
- You get to use RDAs, which produce WAY better flavor than sub ohm tanks.
- RDA tanks are cheaper to run than sub ohm tanks (pre-made coils cost a bomb and don’t last very long).
- And a few of these regulated squonk mods now run dual-18650 batteries, so you’re once again looking at all-day battery life.
Squonk Mods Are The Future (You Just Don’t Know It Yet)
If you’re just starting out, I know what you’re thinking: this guy’s talking nonsense; I don’t want to build my own coils!
But you will, trust me. It happens to all of us, some day or another.
You start getting more interested in flavor; it becomes an obsession. You decide to get one, and this move changes everything.
Going back to sub ohm tanks feels like a step backward; you decide to start collecting RDAs.
This is literally what happened to me (and about a billion other vapers).
You do have a ton of brilliant vape mod options right now, though. And the best to date for power, design, and value for monye are detailed inside our Best Vape Mods and Box Mod Guide.
But You’re Lucky! Squonk Mods Make Everything Better
Why’s that? Simple: no more dripping. Your RDA now has more capacity than a traditional sub ohm tank.
Four years ago, this was an impossibility.
Another benefit? RDAs are about 80% cheaper to run than standard vape tanks.
Don’t believe me? Let’s do some basic maths on costs of running a sub ohm tank versus and RDA
- Coils ($15.99 per Pack)
- One Coil Lasts (On Average) 7 days (Usually Less)
- That Means You’ll Need Maybe Two Packs A Month ($30)
- Enough Cotton To Last 4-6 Months ($4.99)
- Pre-Made Clapton Coils ($5.99)
- Life Span of Each Clapton Coil? 4-6 weeks
And on top of that, with an RDA you’re getting the gold-standard when it comes to flavor. Nothing else comes even remotely close to the flavor you get from a good RDA tank.
Mech Squonk Mods versus Regulated Squonk Mods
I’ve owned a bunch of mech squonk mods, most notably the original Pulse and Wismec’s Luxotic, and while I did enjoy using them, I always ended up going back to my box mods for things like vacations and nights out.
Why? Simple: battery life – most of the first-generation unregulated squonk mods were single cell devices. And that meant battery life sucked (even with larger 21700 cells).
Basically, it wasn’t until I got my first dual-18650 regulated squonk mod that I was truly able to swap from box mods to squonk mods full time.
Why regulated you ask?
Again, pretty simple:
- You have built-in safety measures that stop anything nefarious from happening;
- You have support for vaping modes like TC and Bypass Mode;
- You have dual-18650 cells for ALL day battery life
This is why 100% regulated, dual-18650 squonk mods are better than box mods in my opinion. It took a while for this to happen, but for pure-wattage vapers, a regulated squonk mod like the USV MACH ON3 is like a godsend.
It’s also relatively inexpensive too; especially when you consider how well it’s designed, all the features that are packed inside it, and that it is one of the best dual-cell squonk mods on the planet right now.
I mean, just check out those specs…
USV MACH ON3 Specifications
- Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold Separate)
- 8mL Capacity Squonk Bottle
- Weight – 453g
- VO TECH 240W Chipset
- Wattage Output Range: 5-240W
- Voltage Output Range: 1V-8.4V
- Resistance Supported: 0.1-2.0ohm
- Temperature Control Range: 93°-315°C / 200°-600°F
- Extensive Temperature Control Suite
- Ni200, Ti, Stainless Steel Compatibility
- Zinc-Aluminium Alloy Chassis Construction
- 1.3″ TFT Colored Screen
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- Beveled Edges
- Intuitive Firing Button
- Locking Bottom Hinged Battery Door
- Low/High Voltage Protection
- Low/High Amperage Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Low/High Resistance Protection
- High PCB Temperature Protection
You even get a bangin’ little RDA with it in the form of the Mach 2 RDA, providing you pick it up via VaporFi ($99.99).
I’ve had mine (as well as the RAGE squonk mod) for over two months now, and in this time I have barely touched my usual, go-to box mods.
Why? Because the USV MACH ON3 does everything a normal box mod does and a whole lot more. It squonks, it has masses of power, it does TC vaping, and the battery life is incredible.
What more could you want!?
Products Used To Make This Post