A new, peer-reviewed clinical study, published in Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, has shown that there are no negative health issues associated with long term vaping.
The study, which followed vapers over a two year period, found that none of the participants exhibited ANY negative health issues from regularly using vape devices.
The study was comprised of 209 ex-smokers that predominantly used closed-system vape devices – things like Blu or JUUL.
During this testing period, researchers monitored the following things:
- Lung function
- Electrocardiogram results
- Exposure to nicotine and tobacco constituents
“This study shows that after two years of continual e-cigarette use, there were no signs of serious health complications in smokers,” said Tanvir Walele, Director of Scientific Affairs at Fontem Ventures.
Who is Fontem Ventures? Well… they’re a subsidiary of Imperial Brands PLC – a tobacco company.
And while that might make you want to barf, look away or completely discount this study, the data they have produced does match up with similar studies conducted by the following institutes on the health impacts of long term vaping in the UK and USA:
- Public Health England
- Cancer Research Society
- The Royal College of Physicians
- Nicotine & Tobacco Research
- Science Direct
- National Institute of Health
You can read more about each of the above right here >>> 10 Pro Vaping Studies The FDA Does Not Want You To See…
Is Long Term Vaping OK, Then?
All we have is the data, collected by a myriad of sources and research bodies, and most tend to agree that vaping is 95% safer than smoking.
This is why the UK is now actively promoting vaping as its #1 tool to eradicate smoking inside a generation.
The Key Facts About Long Term Vaping…
- Nicotine | Yes, it’s addictive. But by itself is it not all that harmful; it doesn’t contain any carcinogens and it has been shown to be far more addictive when consumed via cigarettes.
- Second-Hand Vapor | Again, it’s not pleasant but a multitude of studies have shown that second and third-hand vapor is not dangerous.
- Vaping & Lung Health | There are chemicals in vapor, they’re nothing like the tar you inhale from cigarettes, but they are chemicals, so as always, it’s important to understand that for optimal health you’re 100% better off not doing either – smoking or vaping.
Bottomline? Vaping is a safe, peer-reviewed method for switching away from cigarettes for good. It works. It’s safer. And you’re exposed to less than 1% of the carcinogens found in cigarettes – and that is extremely significant.
“The harsh truth is that smoking kills, and smokers who switch completely to electronic cigarettes are likely to substantially reduce the likelihood of premature death and disability,” said Professor John Britton, director of the UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies at the University of Nottingham.