Are you ready to learn about coil types, how they work, and find the top choices to boost your Aegis Nano vaping experience?
- GeekVape Aegis Nano Coils Specs
- How To Choose The Right Coils
- How to Replace GeekVape Aegis Nano Coils
- Maintaining Coil Longevity
- Cleaning and Care
- Troubleshooting Common Coil Issues
Coils might sound a bit technical, but they’re like the secret sauce that makes Aegis Nano as one of the best pod vapes.
I’ve come to appreciate just how important coils are in determining the quality of your vaping experience.
These coils aren’t just another component; they’re like the heart of your vape device, pumping life into every puff you take.
Whether you’re a vaping pro or just getting started, we’re going to break down these coils step by step. I’ll explain what they are, what they do, and which ones are the best for your Aegis Nano.
GeekVape Aegis Nano Coils Specs
GeekVape has given us a bunch of coil options to pick from, and trust me, the one you choose can make or break your vaping joy.
A. Coil Types
- Mesh Coils: Mesh coils have gained immense popularity for their ability to provide exceptional flavor and vapor production. They feature a mesh-like wire structure that heats up evenly, ensuring a consistent and delicious vape.
- Regular Coils: Regular coils, also known as traditional or round wire coils, offer a more straightforward vaping experience. They can be great for those who prefer a no-fuss approach to vaping.
B. Coil Resistance
- Sub-Ohm Coils (0.15 – 0.8Ω): Sub-ohm coils are designed to operate at lower resistances, and they are known for producing substantial clouds and intense flavor. When using these coils, it’s recommended to choose e-liquids with a VG/PG ratio of 70/30 for optimal performance.
- Above-Ohm Coils (Above 0.8Ω): Above-ohm coils have a higher resistance and are often favored by vapers looking for a more moderate vaping experience. For these coils, e-liquids with a balanced VG/PG ratio of 50/50 work well.
- Coils Above 1.0Ω: If you’re using coils with a resistance above 1.0Ω, it’s a sign that you might be into mouth-to-lung (MTL) vaping or using a pod system. In this case, it’s best to go for e-liquids with salt nicotine blends, which offer a smoother throat hit and are typically available in higher nicotine strengths.
One thing I’ve come to realize is that the magic truly happens when you pair the right e-liquid with your coil. It’s like finding the perfect dance partner – they need to complement each other flawlessly. When it comes to the GeekVape Aegis Nano coils, this principle holds true.
How To Choose The Right Coils
Choosing the right coil for your GeekVape Aegis Nano is akin to selecting the perfect tool for a job. It’s the key to unlocking your ideal vaping experience. Let’s break down the factors to consider:
Personal Preferences (Flavor vs. Vapor Production)
If you’re all about chasing those complex flavors, consider opting for a coil that excels in flavor production, like a mesh coil. These coils offer a larger surface area, allowing your e-liquid flavors to shine through in all their glory. Balancing these preferences is all about finding the sweet spot that makes your taste buds sing and your clouds soar.
Nicotine strength plays a significant role in your coil choice. If you’re using vaping as a smoking cessation tool and require higher nicotine levels, you may find above-ohm coils or salt nicotine blends more suitable. These options deliver a satisfying nicotine hit while maintaining a smooth vape.
No one enjoys constantly changing coils, so coil lifespan matters. Sub-ohm coils, thanks to their higher wattage usage, may have a shorter lifespan, requiring more frequent replacements. Above-ohm coils typically last longer due to their lower wattage requirements. Consider your willingness and ability to replace coils regularly when making your selection.
Style of Vaping (Direct-to-Lung vs. Mouth-to-Lung)
Your vaping style is another crucial aspect of coil choice. Direct-to-lung (DTL) vaping involves inhaling the vapor directly into your lungs, akin to taking a deep breath. Consider how you enjoy inhaling your vapor – whether it’s a leisurely puff or a lungful of clouds – when picking your coil.
Coils and E-Liquid Pairing
Here’s an extra pro tip: The harmony between your coil and e-liquid can make or break your vaping experience. To simplify this, consider the following guidelines provided by GeekVape:
- For aegis nano coils between 0.15 – 0.8Ω: Choose our 70VG/30PG blends for that perfect balance of flavor and vapor production.
- For coils above 0.8Ω: Opt for our 50VG/50PG blends, providing a smooth vaping experience.
- For coils above 1.0Ω: Select our Salt Nicotine blends, ideal for those who prefer a higher nicotine concentration in their e-liquid.
I always think about how much nicotine I need, how long I want my coil to last, and how I like to vape. Then, I try different coils and see what works best for me. So do you, take your time to experiment and customize your setup.
How to Replace GeekVape Aegis Nano Coils
Changing coils in your GeekVape Aegis Nano is easy, but to keep your vaping experience at its best, you also need to take care of those coils and make them last longer.
Before you start, make sure you have these items ready:
- New Coil: Ensure you have a compatible replacement coil handy. GeekVape offers a variety of options to suit your vaping style.
- E-Liquid: Have your preferred e-liquid on hand. You’ll need it to prime the new coil and prepare it for vaping.
- Paper Towels or Napkins: Keep some paper towels or napkins nearby to catch any drips or spills.
- Small Container: If you have a small container or tray, use it to organize your vaping components and prevent small parts from getting lost.
Now, let’s walk through the process of replacing your GeekVape Aegis Nano coils:
- Step 1: Before you begin, ensure that your tank is empty. You can either save any remaining e-liquid for later or transfer it to another suitable container.
- Step 2: Remove the tank from your Aegis Nano coils device. Typically, this involves unscrewing it from the mod.
- Step 3: Take apart the tank’s components. You’ll usually have a top cap, glass tube, and the coil. Carefully unscrew and remove the old coil from the base of the tank.
- Step 4: This is a crucial step to prevent dry hits and extend your coil’s lifespan. Apply a few drops of e-liquid onto the cotton wicking ports of the new coil. This ensures the cotton is saturated and ready for vaping.
- Step 5: Screw the primed new coil into the base of the tank. Ensure it’s snug but not overly tightened to avoid damaging the threads.
- Step 6: Reassemble the tank by attaching the glass tube and top cap back onto the base. Ensure all components are securely fastened.
- Step 7: Fill the tank with your chosen e-liquid, leaving a small gap at the top to prevent leaking when resealing the tank.
- Step 8: Allow the filled tank to sit for a few minutes to ensure the new coil is fully saturated with e-liquid. This priming step helps prevent dry hits.
- Step 9: Screw the tank back onto your Aegis Nano coils device. Ensure it’s securely attached but avoid overtightening.
- Step 10: Test and Enjoy
Finally, power on your device and take a few test puffs to ensure everything is working correctly. If you notice any unusual tastes or issues, double-check your coil installation and priming.
Maintaining Coil Longevity
Now that you’ve mastered coil replacement, let’s focus on keeping those coils in tip-top shape for longer-lasting vaping pleasure.
- Properly priming your coils is vital for their longevity. Ensure the cotton wicking ports are thoroughly saturated with e-liquid before your first vape with a new coil. This helps prevent dry hits and extends coil life.
- To avoid dry hits (the dreaded burnt taste), never let your tank run dry. Keep an eye on your e-liquid levels and refill as needed to ensure the coil stays well-soaked.
- Regularly clean your tank to remove any e-liquid residue. Disassemble the tank, rinse the components with warm water, and allow them to dry completely before reassembling. This prevents gunk buildup and maintains the coil’s performance.
Cleaning and Care
- Regular Tank Cleaning: Over time, e-liquid residue can accumulate in your tank. Disassemble the tank and rinse its components with warm water to remove any buildup. Let them air dry thoroughly before reassembling the tank.
- Coil Cleaning: While you can’t clean coils as effectively as tanks, you can extend their life a bit by gently dry burning them. Remove the tank, disassemble it, and remove the coil. Fire the mod without inhaling to burn off any gunk on the coil. Be cautious not to overheat or burn the coil, as this can damage it.
- Rotate Your E-Liquids: Using the same e-liquid flavor for extended periods can lead to flavor fatigue and gunk buildup on the coil. Consider rotating your e-liquid flavors to keep your palate fresh and reduce residue buildup.
By following these maintenance tips, you’ll maximize the lifespan of your GeekVape Aegis Nano coils, ensuring a consistently enjoyable vaping experience and saving you money on replacements.
Troubleshooting Common Coil Issues
Coil issues can be a real buzzkill when you’re enjoying your GeekVape Aegis Nano coils, but fear not – most problems have simple solutions. Let’s tackle some common coil-related woes and how to troubleshoot them:
Vape Tastes Burnt
Cause: A burnt taste is often the result of insufficient e-liquid reaching the coil, causing it to overheat and scorch the wicking material.
- Ensure your tank has enough e-liquid. A low e-liquid level can lead to dry hits.
- If you’ve recently replaced the coil, make sure you primed it correctly by saturating the wicking material with e-liquid before use.
- Confirm that your wattage or temperature settings are appropriate for the coil. Using too high a wattage can cause the coil to burn.
- Examine the coil for signs of damage or gunk buildup. If the coil is heavily gunked, it may be time for a replacement.
Cause: Leaking can occur when there’s an improper seal in your tank or when changes in temperature and pressure force e-liquid out.
- Ensure all tank seals and O-rings are correctly in place and undamaged. Even a small gap can cause leaks.
- Reassemble your tank carefully, making sure all components are tightly screwed together.
- Do not overfill your tank. Leave a small gap at the top to accommodate temperature changes and prevent leaks.
- Leaks can also happen if the coil is improperly seated. Make sure it’s screwed in securely.
Cause: Gurgling sounds and excess moisture in the mouthpiece can occur when there’s a buildup of e-liquid in the coil chamber.
- Remove the tank and blow through the mouthpiece into a tissue or paper towel to expel excess e-liquid and clear the gurgling.
- Closing the airflow slightly can sometimes help reduce gurgling by allowing the coil to vaporize excess e-liquid more effectively.
- Ensure that the coil is properly installed and securely screwed into the base of the tank.
Cause: Reduced vapor production can result from several factors, including a worn-out coil, insufficient power, or blockages in the airflow.
- If your coil has been in use for an extended period, it may be time to replace it. Worn-out coils can’t produce vapor as effectively.
- Make sure your device is set to an appropriate wattage or temperature setting for your coil. Adjust it if necessary.
- Check the airflow settings on your tank. Too tight an airflow can reduce vapor production, so ensure it’s set to your preference.
- Ensure your e-liquid isn’t too thick for your coil. If it’s high in VG and your coil is better suited for PG blends, you may experience reduced vapor production.
By matching the appropriate coil resistance with the right e-liquid, you can elevate your vaping game and savor the nuances of your favorite juices.
We cannot stress enough the importance of safe vaping practices. Always remember to:
- Handle e-liquids and nicotine with care, keeping them out of reach of children and pets.
- Follow proper priming and coil replacement procedures to prevent dry hits and extend coil life.
- Monitor e-liquid levels to avoid running your tank dry, which can result in burnt coils.
- Keep your vaping device and batteries in good condition, free from damage.
- Be mindful of your vaping style, adjusting wattage or temperature settings as needed.
- Practice responsible disposal of used coils, batteries, and e-liquid containers.
In simple terms, looking after your GeekVape Aegis Nano coils is a game-changer. Changing them is easy, but making them last longer is where the real deal is.
Let me be clear: Well-maintained coils mean better flavors and smoother vaping. So, whether you’re a beginner or a pro, following these tips will seriously step up your Aegis Nano game.
And if you want to brush up on your pod vape knowledge, check out our beginner’s guide to pod vapes.
So, my advice? Take care of those coils, and your vaping journey will be a flavor-packed delight. Trust me, it’s worth it! Happy vaping!