What the hell are dab pens, or wax pens as they’re also known? Are you missing out? Should you be using a dab pen? Read on and find out…
Dab Pens – KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Dab pens are specialized vaporizers designed for vaping cannabis concentrates like wax and shatter.
- Unlike traditional vape pens, dab pens have specific atomizers and heating elements to effectively vaporize the concentrates.
- Cannabis concentrates come in varying textures, with shatter and crumble being more favorable for dabbing due to less mess.
- Optimal battery performance, user-friendly design, and ease of maintenance are factors to consider when choosing a dab pen.
- Dab pens provide a discreet and convenient way for cannabis enthusiasts to enjoy dabs on the go.
What Does “Dab” Mean In The Context of Weed?
The journey towards understanding dab pens begins with unraveling what “dab” signifies in the cannabis community.
A dab, also known as wax, is a form of cannabis concentrate prevalent in dispensaries across the 420-friendly states. The myriad of options mirrors the diverse strain landscape, ranging from the high-powered to the mellower varieties.
CBD-dominant dabs are on the market, yet the hallmark of most dabs is the high-strength THC content— the psychoactive powerhouse behind the euphoric experiences. Treading with caution is advisable given the potent nature of THC.
Dabs don an array of textures and consistencies, notably:
- Shatter – a hard, brittle texture.
- Crumble – softer, easily crumbled.
- Budder – sticky and tends to be gloopy.
The preference for shatter and crumble leans on their mess-free nature during vaping, although budder is not a deal-breaker.
What is a Dab Pen?
Venturing into the realm of dab or wax concentrates requires the acquisition of a dedicated dab pen— a cousin to the vape pen, with the vape juice substituted by a dab.
The marketplace is laden with an array of dab pens, akin to the variety seen in vaporizers and vape pens.
A dab pen, a pen-styled vaporizer, houses a wax atomizer essential for vaporizing dabs and wax concentrates.
The heating spectrum spans from ceramic to quartz coils, each with its unique deliverables.
Take, for instance, the Kandypens Crystal, a coveted choice for its robust 900mAh battery, a pure Quartz atomizer, and a quartet of temperature controls. This wax pen is a premium yet worthy investment for the dab aficionado.
The ceramic coil dab pens are a haven for flavor preservation, while the heating coil counterparts are your go-to for a quick, dense hit sans the flavor finesse.
Portability is a hallmark of dab pens, with the majority sporting a compact design, akin to the standard vape pen, ensuring a discreet dabbing escapade.
How To Vape Wax With a Dab Pen
Misusing a vape pen can not only lead to damage but also waste the precious oil, delivering a subpar experience. It’s essential to understand the mechanics behind the device to fully enjoy the journey.
Inhalation technique plays a pivotal role in the vaping experience. Typically, there are two common methods: mouth-to-lung and direct-to-lung.
Vape pens are generally engineered for a mouth-to-lung experience, which is a more satisfying and efficient approach for many. The key here is to inhale slowly and savor the experience.
A common error many fall into is pulling too hard, which could result in clogging the pen, thus hampering the smoothness of the vape.
For those in pursuit of bigger hits, I often recommend exploring other devices more suited for that purpose. There’s a spectrum of devices out there designed to cater to different preferences.
Short, controlled hits are preferable as they prevent any potential damage to the atomizer and maintain the quality of the oil. Extended heating could degrade the atomizer and the oil, making the experience less enjoyable.
There’s also a burgeoning interest in vaping concentrates, which may necessitate upgrading to a dedicated concentrate device. If that’s your bag, the Dr Dabber Switch is well worth a look – it is a brilliant rig that’ll blow your socks off.
Vape Pen For Wax Pros – Why They’re Good
- Extensive Selection: The market is flooded with a plethora of wax and dab pens, simplifying the journey towards finding a perfect match.
- Flavor Preservation: Gone are the days of blowtorch antics, as dab pens offer a seamless transition from e-liquid to dabs, wax, and concentrates, all while maintaining the flavor integrity.
- Discreet Usage: The aesthetic resemblance to vape pens grants dab pens a discreet usage badge, an ideal companion for on-the-go dabbing.
Dab Pen Cons – Things To Keep In Mind
Battery life is the Achilles heel of dab and wax pens, necessitating a portable charging solution for uninterrupted dabbing sessions.
A tad of maintenance, notably chamber cleaning, ensures the longevity and optimal performance of your dab pen.
Most dab pen kits are equipped with necessary cleaning accessories, making maintenance a breeze.
Residing in a 420 State unlocks a treasure trove of dabs, wax, and concentrates, with a good dab pen being your key to unlocking these treasures.
Dab pens boast simplicity in usage and maintenance, coupled with portability, rendering them not just a cost-effective but a convenient alternative to dab rigs.
And remember, if it’s your debut in dabbing, moderation is key. The potency of dabs is not to be underestimated!