Hey there, guess what? We’ve got another exciting addition to the Argus family – the Argus Pod SE. Find out why!
You know, the Voopoo Argus Pod SE kit is labeled as an entry-level pod kit, but I’m thinking it’s got something for vapers at any level. It’s super user-friendly, making it perfect for beginners, but its vape performance is solid enough to please even the more seasoned vapers.
What’s neat is it’s really compact, and both the device and pods deliver a great performance. The build quality is top-notch, and it looks like it can take a beating and still work like a champ.
Plus, those leather side panel color options? They look fantastic – I’m definitely getting one soon!
If you’re looking for a beginner friendly, long-lasting pod vape, you must try this out.
VooPoo Argus Pod SE Kit
What’s In The Box
- Voopoo Argus Pod SE Battery/Body
- Argus Pod (0.7 ohm)
- Argus Pod (1.2 ohm)
- Type-C USB Charging Cable
- User Manual
- Construction: Zinc Alloy, Leather, and PCTG
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 93.2mm (including pod) x 26.1mm x 13.8mm
- Weight: 56 grams (including pod)
- Charging: Type-C USB 5V/1A
- Resistance Range: 0.5 ohms – 3.0 ohms
- Output Wattage: Pod Dependent (<18W)
- Output Voltage: 3.2V – 4.2V
- Battery: Internal 800mAh Capacity
- Display: 3 x Dual Color LED’s
- E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml
- Coils: Non-replaceable, Kanthal material
- Airflow: Adjustable Slider
- Pod Connection: Magnetic Top Loaded
VooPoo Argus Pod SE Device
What’s cool is that VooPoo kept it super simple in terms of functionality, making it a breeze for new vapers to use. But don’t let that fool you – the Argus Pod SE’s performance is pretty impressive, and it suits both beginners and experienced vapers.
The shiny color of the one I’ve got here reacts differently under different lights, and there’s this striking reverse arrow pattern that reflects off the Zinc Alloy shell.
Now, unlike the original Argus Pod, this new SE version doesn’t have an OLED display. Instead, there are three small rectangular bar LED’s tucked under the zinc alloy frame on the side. They light up to show you the battery status when you insert or remove the pod, while you’re drawing on it, during charging, or when it’s doing its thing with the different protection levels. It’s all quite intuitive and neat.
So, in the kit, you’ve got these two pods, one with a 0.7 ohm coil and the other with a 1.2 ohm coil. They’re made from this tough and clear PCTG material, so you can actually see how much e-liquid is left in them, which is pretty handy.
Now, what’s interesting is that the magnets that connect the pod to the battery are kinda sneaky. You won’t see them because they’re hidden at the base of the pods.
These pods don’t have replaceable coils, so when the coil’s performance starts to drop, you’ll need to toss the whole pod and pop in a new one. But don’t worry, we’ve used these before with the Argus P1 and Argus G, and they lasted way longer than what VooPoo claims. They say 14 refills, but in our experience, they go well beyond that.
0.7 ohm Pod
When you pop this one into the Argus Pod SE, it automatically detects the coil and sets the wattage to what I think is 16W. This fixed wattage delivers some seriously good flavor and vapor. It’s really satisfying.
The auto draw function is spot on, no matter what your airflow setting is. The draw is smooth and quiet, no gurgling to worry about. I found my sweet spot with the airflow halfway open, which gave me a nice restricted direct-to-lung (RDL) draw.
As for leaks, there were no issues around the base of the coil. Any e-liquid seepage you might see is usually around the fill port. Just a quick wipe with a paper towel when you refill, and you’re good to go.
1.2 ohm Pod
This pod also has the “Auto Coil Detect” feature, and it sets the wattage to what I believe is 10W. Again, it delivers excellent flavor and vapor. It’s a satisfying vape for sure.
Auto draw works well, but if you have the airflow wide open, you might need a slightly stronger draw. The draw is smooth and quiet, and gurgling isn’t an issue. I found my preferred airflow setting with it just a bit off closed, which gave me a nice tight mouth-to-lung (MTL) draw.
Like the 0.7 ohm pod, there’s no trouble with leaks around the base of the coil. Any seepage you might notice is around the fill port, but it’s a simple fix – just wipe away any excess when you refill.
So, with the Voopoo Argus Pod SE, there’s this cool adjustable airflow control slider right on the front side, within that square panel towards the top of the device.
I have to say, the airflow slider adjustment is pretty slick, and it’s got a nice, tight feel to it. The only tiny annoyance I found was those three vertical raised bars above the slider. My thumbnail kept getting caught between them, which made it a bit tricky to slide sometimes.
How to Fill VooPoo Argus Pod
Here are the steps for filling the VooPoo Argus Pod SE:
- Step 1: Remove the pod from the Argus Pod SE battery/body.
- Step 2: Locate the concealed fill port behind the black silicone rubber flap on the side of the pod. The flap is attached to the pod by a small rubber pin to prevent it from getting lost.
- Step 3: Open the silicone rubber flap by lifting the part indicated by a small arrow. You can twist it sideways to create more space for filling.
- Step 4: Insert your e-liquid bottle tip into the wide (4.5mm) fill port. Tilt the pod on its side to aid filling and ensure you get the maximum e-liquid into the pod.
- Step 5: Once the pod is filled, securely re-insert the silicone rubber flap to cover the fill port.
- Step 6: Re-insert the filled pod back into the Argus Pod SE body until it’s held in place by the magnetic catches. As the pod makes contact with the body, the LED(s) will briefly illuminate, indicating the remaining battery charge.
Quick Tip: If you’re filling the pod for the first time, let it stand for approximately 10-15 minutes before vaping. This allows the wick to fully saturate with e-liquid, prolonging the life of the coil and pod.
If you’ve got the Voopoo Argus Pod SE, you’ll be pleased to know that its 800mAh internal battery is quite a champ for a pod this size. On average, it’s giving you around 11 hours of vaping on a single charge. And let me tell you, that’s pretty impressive, way more than you’d expect.
Now, keep in mind that battery performance can vary depending on things like the pod’s resistance, how often you vape, and your personal vaping style.
To check your battery status, the Argus Pod SE uses three LEDs in a clever way. When you remove the pod, insert it, or take a draw, these LEDs light up to tell you how much battery you’ve got left:
- If you see flashing red LEDs, it means there’s no charge left.
- When one white LED lights up, you’ve got 0% to 33% of your battery left.
- Two white LEDs mean you’ve got 33% to 66% left.
- And if all three white LEDs are shining bright, you’ve still got 66% to 100% of your battery charge.
How to Charge VooPoo Argus Pod SE
Here are the steps for charging the Argus Pod SE
- Step 1: Use the provided USB to Type-C charging cable in the kit.
- Step 2: Connect the cable to the Type-C port on the bottom of the Argus Pod SE body, and plug the other end into a suitable USB power source.
- Step 3: You’ll know it’s time to charge when the 3 LED lights on the side of the Argus Pod SE start flashing red 10 times, indicating low battery.
- Step 4: The charging process begins once you place the Argus Pod SE on charge. The first LED will cycle on and off.
- Step 5: Once charging is completed, with all LEDs constantly illuminated, disconnect the power source and USB cable, and you’re ready to start vaping again. Note that the LEDs won’t extinguish even if left connected for an extra 20 minutes.
Note: The Argus Pod SE doesn’t have pass-through charging, so you can’t vape while it’s being charged. A good reason to have a second Argus Pod SE for uninterrupted vaping.
How to Maximize Battery
To maximize the battery life of your Voopoo Argus Pod SE:
- Use the Right Charging Method
- Use the provided USB to Type-C charging cable and connect it to a suitable USB power source.
- Make sure the charging circuit is 5V/1A, as specified.
- Charge When Needed
- Charge the device when you see the 3 LED lights flashing red 10 times, indicating low battery. Don’t let the battery drain completely if possible.
- Monitor Charging Progress
- While charging, observe the LED lights. They will cycle to show the charging progress.
- When all 3 LEDs are static and continuously illuminated, the battery is fully charged.
- Don’t Overcharge
- Once the battery is fully charged, disconnect the power source and USB cable promptly.
- There’s no need to leave it connected any longer.
- Regular Maintenance
- Keep the device cool while charging.
- Charge it on a non-flammable surface for safety.
- Additional Device
- Consider having a second Argus Pod SE if you want uninterrupted vaping. This device doesn’t support pass-through charging, so you can’t use it while it’s charging.
Remember that battery performance can be subjective and depends on factors like the resistance of the pod you’re using, your vaping frequency, and style. By following these steps, you’ll ensure you get the most out of your Voopoo Argus Pod SE’s battery.
Even though the coils are built-in and not replaceable, the pods are refillable, and they seriously last for weeks, even months, before you need a new one.
Auto draw is spot-on, and the airflow control lets you fine-tune your vaping style just the way you like it.
For a simple, easy-to-use pod kit, this one’s a winner. It’s compact, so you can take it anywhere, and it performs as well, if not better, than most pods out there. It’s not every day that I come across a device that nails both the mouth-to-lung (MTL) and restricted direct-to-lung (RDL) vaping styles so accurately.
Now, with the limited airflow slider, I expected it to be only MTL, but when you open it wide, it surprises you with one of the better RDL experiences I’ve had from a basic starter kit.
And that’s exactly what the SE is all about. It’s designed with new vapers in mind, and in my book, it’s a far better option than disposable vapes.