Meet the Duke SX Stabwood Edition box mod by Vicious Ant, AKA the world’s MOST EXPENSIVE box-mod!
What’s the world’s most expensive box-mod? I don’t really know, if I’m 100% honest but the Duke SX Stabwood Edition box mod by Vicious Ant cannot be far off it — this beast costs £799.99.
There are only a handful of these mods being made, so it’s limited edition, and that means, if it is taken care of, it could appreciate in value — rare things often do. It looks pretty freaking stunning as well. I mean, just LOOK at it.
The Duke SX Stabwood Edition is powered by a bespoke SX350J V2 Mini Processor Programmed By Vicious Ant and its outer shell is made from stabilised hybrid wood that’s been imported from America — and, no, we have no idea what that is either.[Tweet “Meet the Duke SX Stabwood Edition box mod by Vicious Ant, AKA the world’s MOST EXPENSIVE box-mod! “]
Fortunately, we have Google at our disposal, so here’s a little explainer via North Woods Figured Woods: “The stabilising process uses a vacuum to remove all the air from the wood, replacing it with a heat activated resin that in turn forms a polymer backbone in pieces that would otherwise be too fragile to use. Additionally, resin of different colours and shades can be used to create various effects. When coloured resin penetrates wood, it results in unique colouring of the wood, artistically highlighting splendid natural grain figures.”
Available in a selection of colours, or, finishes, the Duke SX Stabwood Edition box mod is certainly one of the most eye-catching mods we’ve ever seen. I’d like to say that I have tried it, but, alas, I am not a millionaire so I have yet to have the pleasure, unfortunately.
Still, it’s specs and features sound pretty decent:
Duke SX Stabwood Edition Specs & Fearures
- Dimensions: 47mm x 26mm x 78/88mm height
- Requires 1 x 18650 Battery
- Self-adjusting positive pin
- Large soft click buttons
- SX350J V2 Mini Processor Programmed By Vicious Ant
- T7 aluminum frames L -frame
- Stabilised Hybrid Wood Imported from America
- Hand Polished and finished
- Stainless steel emblem
- Threaded battery caps with copper contacts
Each Duke SX Stabwood Edition is serialised, there’s only a few being made remember, and when they’re all sold they will, no doubt, become collectors items. If there is such a thing in the vapesphere…
As the name suggests, the Duke SX Stabwood Edition is based on the Duke SX, a mod that we have tried and also included in our Best Mods of 2016: UK Edition feature. This means you get A LOT of performance, a great set of features, support for things like TC and every mod of vaping you can think of, as well as a bunch of safety features.
But the reason this is such an expensive mod is because of the detail that has gone into constructing and creating its outer chassis. The internals are no different, really, than a mod you might pay $100 for.
If you’re after the absolute best performance from a mod, as well as a myriad of features and customisation options, you have to check out EVOLV’s new DNA 250 chipset, which you’ll find inside the excellent VaporShark DNA 250.
But remember: you don’t have to spend a fortune on a mod to get excellent performance and features, as you can see inside our list of The Best Mods Under $100.
If anyone has one of these or has tested one out we’d LOVE to hear your thoughts, so let us know in the comments section below.
Other Options For Those After A Bespoke-Looking Mod?
There are other, premium options, however, for those after a very expensive mod. You can pick up bespoke, hand-crafted mods from a variety of speciality vendors online these days as well as from some, choice retail stores and online portals.
Just do a simple Google search and you’ll find plenty of places that product custom mods. Most of them are great; though, with stuff like this it is always worth being extra cautious – the vape scene is still pretty wild and there are cowboys here and there.
Mad Modder are definitely worth a look, however, as they work pretty much exclusively with EVOLV’s DNA chipset and their designs, which, as you can see below, are very cool indeed.
Still, even if you can’t shell out for a custom-designed mod, there’s always plenty of exotic box mods to choose from that you won’t see many people using.
Both look positively stunning, particularly the Smoant, and pack in a lot of power and features.
The Smoant RABOX Smart Mechanical Mod: Specs & Features
- Smart Mechanical Output
- Switchable Hard and Soft Output Modes
- High – 5V Constant Output
- Soft – Direct Voltage Based Output
- 0.10 ohm Minimum Atomizer Resistance
- 100W Max Output Power
- 304 Stainless Steel Handmade and Welded Framework
- 100% Handmade
- High Temperature Ceramic Coated
- PMMA Front and Back Cover
- Unique and Visually Appealing Look
- Nano Coated PCB
- Increases Water and Moisture Resistance
- Rechargeable 3300 mAh Battery
- Micro USB Charged
- Mode Switch and Firing Button Operated
- LED Light Indication
- Stainless Steel 510 Thread Point
- Low Battery/Resistance/Over Heating/Over Use Protection
Revenant Vapes Cartel 160W TC Box Mod Specs & Features
- 5 to 160W Output
- OMNI Board
- Six Total Output Modes
- 0.05 to 5.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
- 0 to 8.5V Voltage Range
- Smart VW
- Automatically Recommend Ideal Output
- Can Easily Adjust
- Customized Curve of Wattage (CCW)
- Customize Wattage Output By Second Increments
- Customize Ramp Up by 0.5 Second Increments
- Bypass Mode
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Temperature Control Suite
- Ni200 Nickel Support
- Titanium Support
- SS316 Support
- Customized Curve of Temperature (CCT)
- Customize Temperature Output Over Time
- TCR Mode
- 280 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Atomizer Lock
- Flip and Lock Battery Bay Access
- Dual 18650 Battery Powered (sold separately)
- Run in Series
- Sleek and Beautiful Chassis Design
- Futuristic yet Timeless Styling
- Carbon Fiber/Marble/Mosaic Accenting and Paneling
- Four Button Control
- Enlarged Firing Button
- Adjustment Buttons
- Mode Button
- Full Metal Buttons
- Two Line 0.91 OLED Display
- Temperature Mode and Output
- Output Power
- Atomizer Resistance
- Battery Life Indicator
- Neatly Displayed
- Unique and Beautiful Chassis Design
- Stainless Steel Frame
- Individually Unique Full Resin Body
- Spring Loaded Gold Plated 510 Connection
- Hexagon Shaped
- Low Voltage/Current/Output Short Circuit/Load/Low Resistance/Overheating/Anti Loaded/Timeout Protection