Vaping 101 – A Quick Primer on Everything You Need To Know If You’re New To Vaping – From Types of Tanks and Mods to Batteries and E Juice…
OK, you’re here because you want a quick primer on vaping – a Vaping 101 if you will!
That’s cool. You’re in the right place. This post is designed to get you up to speed on all the buzzwords and jargon used in the industry.
By the end of it, you’ll know all the different styles of tanks, the different types of devices and mods, as well as the best E Juice to get for your needs.
I’ve also included tables that highlight the best vape products for each major category.
I’m going to keep things nice and simple too.
And that means you should be able to read this post by the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee.
Right, let’s do this!
Vape tanks are important, as they’re basically the business end of a vape kit, the part that delivers the E Juice and Nicotine.
- Sub Ohm Tanks – These tanks run stock pre-made coils. They’re simple and they kick out a ton of clouds and flavor. This is why they’re so popular with vapers.
- RTA Tanks – These are rebuildable, meaning you install your own coil. Not ideal for newbies, but they are great for flavor and clouds.
- RDA Tanks – Like an RTA, an RDA is rebuildable. However, you DO NOT have any juice storage – this is why they’re often called drippers (you gotta drip or squonk juice on the coil to use them).
- MTL Tanks – These can be rebuildable or non-rebuildable, and they’re designed to more closely resemble the draw of a cigarette, which means they’re tighter than standard sub ohm tanks.
Still with me?
If you’re brand-spanking new to vaping, you’ll want something simple.
You might also want something that draws like a cigarette too. And for this, you’ll want an MTL vape tank and a vape mod.
My recommendation for this kind of setup?
Simple: Innokin’s Kroma-A Kit + Zenith Tank.
It’s bloody fantastic and is the perfect vape for a first timer.
Want a straight-up sub ohm tank that chucks out plenty of clouds and flavor instead? Use the table below.
In the rebuildable vape tank niche, you have three major players:
- RDAs – Great For Squonking n’ Dripping; Have No Juice Capacity
- RTAs – Like A Sub Ohm Tank, You Have Juice Capacity (2ML to 5ML)
- RDTAs – An RDA Just With Juice Capacity (Usually 2ML)
RDAs are best for flavor and performance. I use RDAs most of the time and I squonk with them, as I hate dripping.
RTAs are great because they store E Juice inside them just like a standard vape tank, but they can be fiddly, so make sure you get one that is easy to wick and doesn’t leak (see table for examples).
RDTAs are kind of useless in today’s market; squonking has replaced the need for storage on RDAs, as you can simply squeeze a bottle inside your mod and squonk juice up to the atomizer.
If you want to go the rebuildable route, you’re 100% best off going with an RDA or an RTA in my book.
Vape mods (or Box Mods) are what power your tank.
They come in all shapes and sizes, but most do the same thing: send power to the atomizer inside your tank.
If you’re new, you’ll want a regulated box mod because unregulated mech mods are extremely dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing – so AVOID these.
Right now, these are my #1 picks for the best vape mods and box mods currently available on the market.
Like a standard box mod, a squonk mod is essentially the power unit that drives your RDA.
The only difference is that a squonk mod has a squonk bottle inside it that stores E Juice. To send E Juice to your RDA, simply squeeze the squonk bottle and your coil is soaked in E Juice.
Squonk mods basically removed the need to drip when using RDAs, and this is very, very cool if you’re lazy like me.
Again, you’ll want to use a regulated squonk mod for the same reason as above – unregulated mods are dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.
These are my current favorite squonk mods (and they’re all 100% regulated)…
Helpful Posts To Check Out:
- Why I ONLY Ever Use Regulated Squonk Mods
- USV MACHon3 vs Rage Squonker
- The Best Squonk Kit For Those on A Budget
Like music, partners, and colors, E Juice is very subjective.
What I like, you may hate. And vice versa.
For this reason, it’s kind of impossible to tell you what the BEST E Juice is…
All I can do is point you in the general direction. And to do this, we did some research that analyzed over 100,000 E Juice sales in late 2018.
The result? Simple: a list…
You can check out the full results here: The 18 Most Popular E Juice Brands & Flavors On The Planet Right Now…
Helpful Posts To Check Out:
- PG vs VG: What’s The Difference
- Best Nic Salts Brands Guide: The #1 Nic Salts E Juice Brands
- Why Your E Juice Tastes Harsh Explained
- The Best Tobacco E Juice on Planet Earth!
If you want to vaporize dry herbs like medical marijuana rather than eating or smoking them, a vaporizer is 100% the way to go.
You basically have two options: ultraportable vaporizers and mains-connected, desktop vaporizers.
Both are pricey, but if medical marijuana is important to your lifestyle, then they are well worth the investment.
You can read more about them both by clicking the links below…
Related Content For More Information: