Box-Mods are the way forward if you like power, control and plenty of safety options.
Like a BMW 530D with an M Sport package, these box-mods look awesome and are fiercely powerful.
There are hundreds of vape brands out there vying for your attention and money. Hundreds. And this makes choosing a setup all the more harder, especially since there is more and more parity between specs and features these days.
When buying a box-mod you want to look out for three key things: the overall design and finish; the chipset inside; and, finally, the specs and hardware, as well as its built in safety features.
You want to vape safe — that goes without saying. But in order to do so you DO NOT want to buy anything that looks and sounds dodgy. Stick with established brands with good reputations. Stay away from unknowns and clones. You do NOT want to get burned, both literally and figuratively speaking.
I’ve had a ton of emails from readers in the UK and Europe asking is to put together a bespoke, UK Edition of our Best Box Mod guide. VapeBeat always aims to please, so here it is — our guide to the best box mods currently available inside the UK and Europe.
As is always the case, we like to partner up with specific retailers for these features. For this one we’ve used UK Ecig Store. They’re one of the oldest and most respected retailers in the vape scene. They do the best prices in the UK and Europe and have excellent customer service.
Their prices aren’t bad, either.
Right: enough rambling. Let’s DO THIS.
Arguably one of the most well known mods on the planet, the VaporShark DNA 200 is essentially the posterboy for EVOLV’s brand new and best-in-the-business DNA 200 chipset.
This bad boy is basically the iPhone of the vaping scene. It’s premium as hell, packed full of features and is designed beautifully. The quality of this mod is pretty much unparalleled, hence its price tag, but once you’ve used it you will know why it costs so much.
VaporShark DNA 200 Specs & Features
- 10WH 3S Lipo Battery
- Powered by Evolv DNA 200
- 200 Watts of Power
- Temperature Sensing / Limiting
- Micro USB Port
- Zip (High Speed Charging)
- Self Adjusting 510 Connection
- 3.5″ x 1.9″ x 0.94″
- Update-able Firmware
- Full Balanced Charging
- Individual Cell Monitoring
Like the VaporShark DNA 200, this AWESOME-looking mod also benefits from EVOLV’s DNA 200 chipset at its core. Built by Aria Built in partnership with Anarchist, the the Solara DNA 200 Mod is a unique looking device with masses of power and onboard features.
I love the way it looks. I like its design, gait and shape and I adore EVOLV’s DNA 200 chipset as it allows you to fully customise your vaping experience to such a degree that you’ll wonder how you survived with it. A cheaper alternative to the VaporShark DNA 200, this mod will be a sure hit with any serious vaper.
ANARCHIST SOLARA DNA 200 Mod: Specs & Features:
- Black PVD 510 Connection With Drip Well
- Gold-Plated Brass, Spring-Loaded Pin
- Laser Etched Engravings
- Three 1200mAh Cell Li-Po Battery Pack
- Output Power – 1W to 200W
- Output Voltage – 0.5V to 9.0V
- Temperature Protection – 200F to 600F
- OLED Screen
- Locked Mode
- Stealth Mode
- Power Locked Mode
- Resistance Lock
- Max Temp Adjust
- Auto Power Down
- Firmware Update and Charge via Included Micro USB
Do you like hip flasks? Do you have pretensions about becoming a countryside gentleman decked out in tweed and driving a Range Rover? Well, THIS is the mod for you. Again, this is a VaporShark setup, aptly called the VaporFlask, and it features tons of features like Zip charging, Temperature Protection and support for pretty much any atty you can fit onto it.
VaporShark VaporFlask: Specs & Features
- Temperature Protection
- Spring-Loaded Center Pin
- Zip Charging
- Dual 18650 Batteries (Not Included)
- Evolv DNA 40 Chip
- Oxidized Matte Black
- Atty Lock
- Aluminium Body
A stunning black and brass box mod, this one. It looks as statesman-like as JFK in a grey tweed suit and Ray-Ban Wayfarers. The MIZRAH is also fully decked out for performance, so if you’re after a suitably powerful mod that not only looking stunning, but can also go toe-to-toe with the best of them then this is the one for you.
Personally speaking, I think this is one of the best-looking mods on this list. I love the black and brass combination but I am more impressed with the attention to detail that is present on this mod; all contacts are Copper Silver Plated, for instance, and it features Swarovski Crystal throughout the chassis, as well as a Delrin firing key.
EMPEROR VAP’EAST MIZRAH: Specs & Features
- Parallel Dual 18650 (Batteries Not Included)
- T6 6061 Aluminium Body (Black Anodize)
- Brass Accent for 510 Thread, Bottom Part and Battery Cover
- Delrin Firing Button
- All Contact are Copper Silver Plated
- Direct Connections for optimum Power
- Ergonomic and Compact Device
- Minimal Screw Exposure
- Elegantly Designed with Swarovski Crystal
- All Parts and CNC Machined
- Low Voltage Drop
- 100% Original Design
- Dimensions: 25mm x 50mm x 85mm
Another in-your-face mod here, the REMI mod by Vaping Outlaws is a super powerful mod decked out in black with a somewhat divisive skull logo on the front. I quite like it, but older vapers might find it a tad, umm, nu-metal.
This mod is available in two sizes: dual-18650 or dual-18500 battery, and which you go for will depend on how hard you vape — the larger size is obviously better for those that vape HEAVY.
Unlike 99% of the mods on this list, the REMI is a mech-mod, meaning it does not have a chipset inside it or any safety features. This means that you should only go for this if you’re experienced with mech-mods or are fully aware of what you’re undertaking.
You can read our primer on Mech Mod Safety to get a better idea of what you need to know before committing to one of these devices.
VAPING OUTLAWS REMI: Specs & Features
Available in two sizes:
18500 and 18650
Requires 2 batteries (Not Included)
Standard 510 Connection with Top Firing Button
Parallel Dual 18650 or 18500 Battery
Copper Positive Pins
18500: Height: 70mm Width:45mm Depth: 22mm
18650: Height: 86.5mm Width:45mm Depth: 22mm
Self Adjusting Negative Pins
Quick Release Stainless Steel Battery Cap
This isn’t the most powerful mod in the world, but the Hana Modz One Mod certainly gets the job done. It features EVOLV’s DNA 40 chipset, so you get excellent safety features and capabilities out the box as well as the ability to really customise your vaping experience.
The design of this mod is its BIG USP; the Hana Modz One Mod is teeny compared to 99.9% of the devices on this list. That makes it an ideal choice for ladies or those that want a more subtle mod. The entire thing sits comfortably in the palm of your hand and takes up next to no room in your trouser or jacket pocket.
HANA MODZ ONE MOD: Specs & Features
- NEW Revolutionary All In One Mod. Smallest, Lightest DNA 40 mod. Single and Dual battery case attachments included in the complete kit. 18650 Battery (not included)
- BATTERIES MUST BE INSTALLED POSITIVE SIDE DOWN
- Both battery case release buttons on the sides must be pressed when removing the battery case.
- 40 watt regulated mod
- .1 incremental wattage adjustment
- Dimensions: 2.7″ x 1″ x1.5″
- Weight: 1.3 ounces in single battery mode (without battery).
- 510 floating connector(spring loaded)
- ABS thermoplastic polymer body
- OLED display provides: wattage, ohm, voltage, battery, temperature, and error messages
- Temperature Protection – (Evolv Patented Technology)
- Preheat functionality
- Reverse battery protection in single battery mode
- 500mA micro-USB
- on-board charging – (cord included)
- Overcharge protection – (stops when fully charged)
- Pass-thru charging functionality
Did we save the best to last? Sort of. The Duke SX by Vicious Ant is a supremely capable, good-looking and fully featured mod, hence its name — The Duke SX.
Packing in two 18650 batteries, the Duke SX will go all day long, even in the hands of the heaviest vapers. It also looks amazing — and, no, the pictures really don’t do it justice.
The overall size and weight of the device is great as well, as it’s not too big and it does feel fairly svelte in the hand. DO NOT be fooled by its fancy, slim-line exterior, though, this mod packs one hell of a punch.
VICIOUS ANT THE DUKE SX: Specs & Features
- SX350J Mini Processor
- Requires 1 x 18650 Battery
- Variable Wattage up to 75W
- Resistance: 0.05 – 3.0 ohms
- Five Power Modes: Powerful+, Powerful, Standard, Economy, Soft
- Five Memory Modes (Store 5 different wattage settings
- Temp Control with Ni/Ti Wire Support (200°F /100°C – 300°C)
- Manual TCR Configuration
- Gravity Sensor System (Adjust the wattage without the need of +/- buttons
- Rotary Display
- Customized Vicious Ant Logo and Graphic User Interface
- Reverse Polarity, Output short, Low Resistance, Low Battery Voltage and Overheat Protection
READ THIS NEXT:
- NITECORE Review: An AWESOME Battery Charger
- Battery Safety: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Best Box Mods 2016: Power. Design. Functionality
- Best RDA Tanks: Insane Clouds Abound When These Bastards Are Around